Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So it starts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell, we still haven't cleaned up totally from Isabel and that was 2 years ago.

Batton down the hatches and hang tight.

Comment

To clarify my cat 2 statement, it was a cat 2 after Cuba, went back up to cat 4 in the gulf and then went down to cat 3 before landfall. At least that's what I've read. My dad got terrible damage from Charlie last year and it was only a cat 2 when it hit. I guess each storm has an individual nature. Does anyone know what the storm surge actually was? I keep waiting for one of these to hit New Orleans. I don't know how that town could handle a 20 ft storm surge. (They never seem nervous, though, so they must have a plan. )
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I am glad you are safe, I sure hope your house is ok. I am supposed to fly to Atlanta tomorrow AM- the airlines have been busy all day but i guess they really wont know anything yet.

Keep us posted!
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Well, it actually hit closer to our home than Ivan did.

Our neighbor left at 4am this morning, and then returned just before 7pm this evening and called to let us know that our home was intact!! What a relief!

We will try an attempt home tomorrow sometime. We are supposed to wait until the Air Force tells us we can come back....the good thing, we are getting paid for this!

Comment

Thank goodness your ok!!

We saw a report on CNN about a Pensacola area hospital that moved the Drs. families into the hospital for the storm because they had to be staffed during the emergency. I understand that, but geesh! You don't even get to run for your life? Glad you guys got out and got paid!!
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Matt-

are you guys home yet?

Jenn

PS- my parent's new home was built because the previous home had been condemned after Isabel...

Comment

Working...
              X