Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What the...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the...??

Ok, so I am online trying to avoid everything in my home just because....and I was reading MSNBC's page and came across this.

4-year-old dies after riding Disney attraction
    Controversy not new for $100 million 'Mission: Space' ride

....so, I was reading the article and came across this little paragraph....

One other death was reported at Disney World this year. A 77-year-old woman who was in poor health from diabetes and several ministrokes died in February after going on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at the Magic Kingdom. A medical examiner’s report said her death “was not unexpected.”
    ..... what? Do they have a +/- figure next to that customer experience survey?! I can only imagine that coming in the mail after visiting "The Magic Kingdom"...
    Did you, or any of your party, die expectedly while at Disney World?
    -if so, how may we make your next stay more enjoyable?

Do you think that those grandkids are going to be messed up after that?!
    'yeah, my Grandma kicked it on the Tea Cups'

Granted, she may have not been in the best health, but that just strikes me as a funny way to say that, yes, people do die at Disney.

I saw that, too. I was thinking....I don't remember the Pirates of the Carribean being that fast/scary of a ride.

That is a little scary about a young kid, though, and the number of people who have gone to the hospital afterward. Maybe they need to turn that one down a notch.

Comment

I read that too. I hate it when they report stuff like this. I would just rather not know. I like amusement parks and rides, and I like to think that they are safe. The older lady dying after the Pirates ride doesn't bother me so much as the child. I like to think of them as both having serious heart conditions though. I really want to go to Disneyworld this fall, and I don't want to be thinking about anyone dying. I'd rather sing, "Yo Ho, Yo Ho."
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I almost can't hear about random, dumb stupid luck like this anymore. It just underscores the fact that it is a leap of faith to even get up in the morning.

On that note, cheerio! Can anyone start humming Monty Python's "look on the bright side of life?"

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Have any of you been on Mission: Space? I'm surprised that ride still exists! I thought it was WAY intense....and while I am in very good health, I thought I was going to pass out/vomit all over myself during the ride. I wonder why they let a 4 year old on that ride in the first place?
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh my gosh....I almost passed out on that ride, too! I have to say that ride was the first one I had ever been on where bags were present.

Comment

I've never been to Disney, or even heard of Mission: Space, but aren't there regulations? I don't understand how they would let a 4 year old kid on a ride adult people here have had a hard time handling. Every amusement park I've ever been to has had signs hanging everywhere saying if you are pregnant/have a heart condition... you shouldn't go on the ride. I always thought the rules were enforced. :|

Comment

After reading the article, it looks like the child was tall enough and the mom was there with him...so I guess if he had a heart condition, she didn't know about it. The autopsy report isn't back yet though, so I guess we don't know why he died.

It's crazy to me that a 4 year old is tall enough for that ride.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele2005
                  It's crazy to me that a 4 year old is tall enough for that ride.
                  Thats what I was thinking after I read the descriptions of the ride here.

Comment

Working...
                  X