Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The June Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The June Update

Hey Kris!

You've been making some changes around here. Is it ok for me to submit recipes even if I'm ... let's just say...short on culinary skills? What kind of things are you looking for?

I did a residency review, but I didn't send one for fellowship because I wasn't comfortable doing that with such a small program. (I'm looking for the kind of anonomity that Deep Throat got. ) Would it be ok for me to just submit things about Brookline, MA or Boston as an area to live?

I like the message, but it is a little long for those of us with teeny tiny computer screens. (I am typing on my 12 inch G3 laptop.) I have to scroll down to see the page change. Is there any way to make it more horizontal instead of vertical? Aren't I demanding?
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

I just noticed the size of the message when I got on my laptop. I will definitely fix it. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, all recipe submissions are welcome! I think we all prefer everyday kinds of recipes....not the Martha Stewart (go out and milk the cow, churn the butter) complicated ones! So please...submit away.

Re: the Reviews...I have provided a new anonymous posting forum where you can put any information that you would like. I think it is more important to consider this an 'area' review. The purpose of the reviews isn't to 'rag' on the program, but it is to provide individuals with the opportunity to share information about the area...how to find housing, what's a good place to live, where are the good schools, finding preschool, opportunities to study for the spouse, etc. Any type of 'residency' review can be added if you feel comfortable. You may just simply add that the program did not adhere to the 80 hour work week or say nothing at all.

The whole point is to simply help other spouses who may be moving into the area. Don't feel like you have to say much about the program if you aren't comfortable....

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

So I submitted my recipe. It is the MOST awesome chocolate cake ever. I got the recipe from a friend, who got it from another. I'm probably breaking some secret society rule by submitting it, but anything for the old iMSN. It was a little hard to catch the submit "here" link on the scrolling message. Took me 3 tries. Maybe somebody else could try it out and see if it is just my reflexes. I was never the greatest at tetris. I was tempted to put in something more exciting than my actual bio in the bio window. Do you have to fill out every window, or just the recipe? I did everthing, but I guessed on the time to prepare and number of servings. Now I see why cookbooks are sometimes inaccurate. It's hard to remember or estimate. Maybe it's just me.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I'm probably breaking some secret society rule by submitting it
        I was thinking the same! I'm not sure of the origins of it. Here goes!

Comment

So ---did it work? I had trouble grabbing the click "here" thing. I wonder if it is scrolling too fast. Wait, now that I look at it, it seems slower. Maybe Kris changed it? What did you submit?
          Angie

Comment

I slowed it down...both of the recipes look yummy, btw!

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I think I'm going to submit some of my mother-in-law's recipes. She's a med spouse, too! (And she teaches Northern Italian cooking classes. No lack of skill on that side of the family. ) I wonder if I should submit under her name or mine. I'll give her a call. MMMMmmm. Risotto. Now I'm getting hungry. Didn't that happen with the appetizer thread? I wonder if all those recipes have been submitted.
              Angie

Comment

Working...
              X