Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

and another thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and another thing...

Friday night Rick put Nikolai in bed and I made dinner. So, I go up to check on him (a few hours and two glasses of wine later) and I see that Rick has him in a turtleneck onesie- one that's a little too small. I think to myself, "I like big comfy clothes to sleep in, I bet he does too." So, I changed him into a bigger sized regular onesie. He halfway woke up.

So- here's the events as they unfolded:

1) I'm in socks because I hate shoes- I'm always in socks or barefeet.
    2) We have a super creaky step (it's actually cracked)
    3) I didn't want to wake up the Dude by stepping on the step
    4) I step on the edge of the step
    5) I slip off the edge ofthe step and slide- all the way down to the landing
    6) I take with me: the speaker, the speaker wire (we were planning on running the wire up the stairs up never got around to it), and various other items that I had sitting on the stairs to go up.

My foot got caught in the speaker wire and I now have a gash that goes way deep (to the purple stuff under your skin), and a fabulous 4 inch by 3 inch bruise behind it, and a gorgeous 2inch by 2 inch bruise on the other side of my foot, a 6 inch by 2 inch bruise on my outer left thigh, and two identical bruises on my shoulder blades...

and now I think the nasty gash is getting infected. (Of course I'm paranoid after my bout with cellulitis a few years ago- the result of wearing sandals and getting a blister infected...)

One thing is for sure- NO SHORTS IN PUBLIC!

Jenn

PS- the doctor assessed me and prescribed more wine, an ice bag and motrin

Wow, Jenn....How AWFUL! Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery: :~

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Oh man, that sounds painful.

Did Nikolai sleep through it?

Comment

Ow! Hope you are feeling better!
        Needs

Comment

Yeouch! I hope you are on the mend!

Comment

PLEASE, in the future if you go into his room to check on him do not hit the floor and try to call out if you think he is waking up. Somehow I think you might get hurt.
            Seriously, I am sorry you are injured, but the visual did make me laugh (I have had 2 glasses of wine).
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

And another thing, if you have to go to the ER do not tell that story, they will NOT believe you, and they will call scoial services!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

OMG, I hope you recover quickly!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Luanne's right!!! Take it easy. I hope everything heals OK! YOUCH!!!

P.S. I've nearly slid down a flight of stairs with my daughter in my arms

Comment

Jenn, ouch!!! I hope your wound heals soon.

Your hubby is a good doc!

Comment

Wow! That sounds painful--it's amazing what we'll do so as not to wake a sleeping baby!
                      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                      X