Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Calling all control freaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all control freaks

I want to take it ti work and leave it in our nurse's breakroom!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

ugh...I've met many of these types in the lab over the years.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I also think that when I'm at my worst when DH is trying to help but I KNOW said task with kids could be more efficient if we did it X way ....I punish him by being a control freak and exerting my Alpha Female in the house to basically say "you're never around so when you are, do it my way or else!!!" Very mature of me.

I definitely can see myself in the description described in the article but have improved a ton in the last 6 months. A direct correlation to DH really trying hard to be useful at home??? Hmmmm. So if DH is more helpful with a smile on his face, I don't feel alone, I feel like I have a team member, and I can relax my "if I don't do it nobody will" bitterness?

AH HA!!! It only took us uh 8 years and counting folks!!!
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm a much bigger control freak at home than I am at work. DH is pretty much afraid to even try doing something because I'll inevitably scream that he's doing it wrong (but I still manage to get upset because he's not helping either). I guess I should try to relax and let him do things his own way and then clench my teeth and sit on my hands to prevent myself from redoing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
          DH is pretty much afraid to even try doing something because I'll inevitably scream that he's doing it wrong (but I still manage to get upset because he's not helping either). I guess I should try to relax and let him do things his own way and then clench my teeth and sit on my hands to prevent myself from redoing them.
          I'm the same way. DH rarely does the dishes since when he does do them I usually complain because he never puts anything away in the right place. I'm sure life would be much easier if I learned to just "let it go" when he puts the measuring cup back in the wrong place and just be thankful that he helped out a little around the house!

Comment

I don't know which one of us is worse. DH is a control freak - he doesn't want me to put up curtain rods because he thinks I will not do it "right." I don't like him to do the dishes, laundry, or cook - because I will just have to do it over.

Well, at least now when he is not home I can hang those darn curtain rods (and prove that I can do it and it WILL be level).

Ugh!
            Miranda

Comment

Originally posted by Miranda
              I don't know which one of us is worse. DH is a control freak - he doesn't want me to put up curtain rods because he thinks I will not do it "right." ... Well, at least now when he is not home I can hang those darn curtain rods (and prove that I can do it and it WILL be level).
              We're the same way!! I actually waited to hang our new towel bars and curtain rods until DH was on overnight call (during intern year) because I got tired of waiting for him to do it. I had never actually operated a power drill before, but I figured it couldn't be that hard. By the time he came home the next day we had shiny, new towel bars and curtain rods hung very nicely and LEVEL. He even admitted that I did a good job.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
              X