Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so nice!

We are really enjoying our new hometown. Last night, we drove downtown (about a 20 minute drive) and went to a mall there to look around and have dinner. We had a great time, and best of all was the realization that I wasn't going to have to drive 2.5 hours to get back home! When we were living in TX, if I went to a nice mall, that is how long it took to get there.

After we ate, we went to a part of the mall called the Arts Garden. It is sort of a skybridge over some downtown streets, and they have free concerts there every day at lunchtime. They had pamphlets there from all of the arts organizations in the city, and I had a great time picking them up and looking at the theatre and concert schedules for the upcoming year! It was really a fun time.....the boys had a blast. There was an art exhibit there, and we looked at all of the paintings together, and we looked out over Indianapolis in each direction and admired the view. They had photos of what Indianapolis used to look like by each window, and the boys had fun trying to find the building facades from the old picture in the current view they could see from the window.

Oh, and I think I found someone to cut/color my hair! To me, that is one of the hardest things about moving.....but I got it cut this morning and really liked the girl who did it.

DH starts his new job on Friday, and he is SO excited. Every time he goes in to his office, he comes home so exicted to start, and so glad he is out of the military......for instance, "I asked (my new nurse) what I have to do to order an ultrasound, and she said "you tell me the patient needs an ultrasound, and I see that it gets done."!" He is just in heaven. I hope the honeymoon period lasts a LONG time!

I am liking our new house, too, enough that I don't mind (so far) the cleaning up. It is so pretty when it is done that it is worth it to me! Again, I hope the honeymoon period lasts a LONG time!

Just thought I would share.....

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Yay for you all! After those years in Wichita Falls, you totally deserve it.

I completely agree about the hairdresser. When we first moved to San Antonio, I'd fly home to DC and schedule a cut for while I was home. It took 2 years to find someone in Texas who knew how to cut short hair...

Congrats on your new life!

Jenn

Comment

Hooray!! That's fantastic that you're all settling in and liking your new home and surroundings. I'm so happy for you all!!!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Sally that sounds fantastic! I agree that it sounds like more than a honeymoon and I hope it lasts for a long time.

Downtown sounds fun. DH was there last fall and said it was really nice.

I think that finding a hairdresser is right up there with finding a pediatrician and a dentist when you move. No small feat!

Yeah for you!!

Comment

Glad your here and that your family is enjoying it! I have only been to City Centre once in 2 years. I am glad you are getting out.

Jennifer
          Needs

Comment

Sounds like you guys landed in a nice spot! Enjoy your new digs!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

that's great to hear.
              (I get my hair cut twice a year. when we move all I do is search out a BARBER - which is becoming harder and harder to do - I like to find a guy with a barber pole out front, preferably named vinnie - I lucked out here)
              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
              Let's go Mets!

Comment

...I get my hair cut twice a year. ...
                I am on the same schedule!

Although, now I just go to base and ask to not look exactly like a Marine, but more like a pilot! High and tight, with not so tight.....

Comment

I'm so happy for you!!! Moving can be such a nightmare...when you finally get where you are going and LIKE IT -- well that's just fantastic!

Glad you found someone to do your hair. VERY IMPORTANT!!
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

:ra:

I'm so happy for you Sally!!

Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That is great news. You certainly deserve it.
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sally, I am so happy that you are enjoying your new digs! Keep us posted on how your hubby likes his new job!!

Comment

Who knew that Indiana could be someone's idea of heaven. (I'm just kidding...gotta love those Hoosiers).

ENJOY it. You deserve it.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                          X