Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did you go to the fireworks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you go to the fireworks?

We had the most awesome time at the fireworks this year!!! We went to the display at the hospital (with thousands of other families!) and they had a local band playing all types of patriotic music as well as big band stuff...and the fireworks were just ... the best I've seen. Aidan and Alex were on my lap and Amanda and Andrew right in front of me. They told me that they would remember these 'fireworks' forever....it was just spectacular and we all just had a 'moment' while we were watching them.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Yep, we went.

Apparently at 8:30 they decided to cancel it, because the field nearby was too dry.

They sort of forgot to tell all the folks who were attending, and when they noticed the throngs of folks milling around at 9:45 had the fire dept hose down the field. The show started at 10:30.

Comment

We didn't go because my DH was asleep by 8 but we figured out we can see them from our house so we're very excited to be able to watch from home next year and not have to fight the crowds.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

The husband and I had gone for a long walk through Brooklyn at twilight, (seeing a few do-it-yourselfers with their fireworks along the way) and in the elevator on the way back to our apartment we ran into our neighbor, who said "hey, everyone is up on the roof to watch the fireworks, come on up." So we mosied on up to the roof (7-story bldg.) and it turns out that from up there we could see in the distance all three sites of the big Macy's fireworks show, set against the Manhattan skyline, plus a little bit in New Jersey. (They set off the Macy's fireworks from three different barges spread miles apart in the East River.) I've seen the fireworks from a few different angles--right down by the water, from New Jersey, etc.--but this was a new view, so it was nice. It was weird, though, to see a fireworks show and have it be relatively quiet--no Sousa marches, no huge crowd, just regular roof-party noises. It was a tiny bit surreal, but cool.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Ahhhh.....now you guys are making me miss the fireworks.

We watched our neighbors do a few and DD decided that was enough for her and was in bed at 9. Maybe next year!

Comment

We went over to DH's new partner's house with the most fireworks we have ever bought, and did those there after we cooked out (yummy!) and then we drove to one of the suburbs and watched fireworks. They were great. As we drove home, we could see all of the other small suburb displays from the road, which was fun. It was the best 4th we have had in a long time!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Nope- we watched the 4th on our local PBS station. It was cool watching them set up the displays though. and on the 3rd of July, we locals know that you can go see the full dress rehearsal for free with 1/3 the crowd.

Jenn

Comment

We went for the first time in years. We attended one of the surrounding communities of Boise- Eagle's firework production. We were impressed even after seeing the big firework show that Seattle puts on every year. (Never attended in person due to crowds, but watched it on TV). Emma was freaked out by all of "booming," but Brigham loved it. He loved it so much that every night since he asks if he can see fireworks.

Crystal
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Sort of...if you walk to the North end of our neighborhood which is a bluff overlooking the city, you can see half a dozen or so different displays going off. It was pretty cool--we let all of the kids stay up waaay past their bedtime so they were wired for sound by the time we got home.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                  X