Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Harry Potter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter

The big day is coming!! I have a date with my 9 year old to pick up the book Friday night at midnight. A town near here has recreated itself for the evening as Diagon Alley -- with all the shops taking on different names and presenting activities. There is even going to be a feast and a Quidditch match and walks through the Forbidden Forest (Cuyahoga National Park with rangers at night!). We are so excited. Anyone else out there waiting for HP 6?
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

I just read HP 5 over again to "refresh" my memory and to be ready for this next one. I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!

Nap time and bed time will take on a whole new mode when I sink my teeth into this one! (Bed time at 5:30??? )
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

My son wants to try and read this one himself. He actually boasted that he would probably finish it before me. It was all I could do to hold back my laugh. My husband jumped in and told him "Well, son, you can try - but I don't see that happening!" I foresee some serious parental neglect next week!! Luckily, my daughter starts horse camp and my son is taking fencing and then soccer camp. I must have had some subconscious schedule in my head when I planned these next weeks to be their "busy time" this summer!!!! (I'm all for the 5:30 bedtime in your house Flynn --don't the kids seem a little over-tired? )
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I am really excited too!
        I preordered my book and will be attending a Harry Potter party at Barnes and Noble on the release day with all the other fans!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for reminding me to hit the bookstores for moving boxes this Friday!

Comment

I've got mine ordered - re-reading or at least skimming #5 is a good idea!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

TONIGHT"S THE NIGHT!!!!!

And, no spoilers posted here, right? At least without warning. We all need a chance to read it.

(I am officially a geek. I already know. Know need to PM me. )
              Angie

Comment

I'm so excited! I pre-ordered a copy (of course) to be delivered tomorrow. DH and I have read all of them together, me reading out loud to him. Its slower going, but the book lasts longer that way. I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep from reading ahead this time. He's on trauma surgery and almost never home and awake at the same time.

The town that converted into Diagon Alley sounds so cool. I wish DD was a little older, I would totally go and do the whole wait in line stuff at midnight. Because she would want to, of course.

Comment

That sounds so cool! I was pathetic and pre-ordered the book via Amazon in April, and had it shipped to our new house before we even move in. Skimming over book 5 sounds like a great idea. My parents bought us the hard bound series for Christmas last year.

What's even sadder (I am huge nerd)- I have my huge stamping convention this week, really excited about it- no kids for 3 days. But I am going make Matt sign his name in blood that he won't read without me.

Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

No fair!! You don't have kids!!

I'm on 517 and still in my PJs. What a great Sunday. This is much better than book 5. I'm so relieved. No spoilers here either!!
                    Angie

Comment

We managed to read together until midnight last night and got to chapter 4. We've got two kids, and I am trying to come up with a 200 samples for my convention.

Crystal
                      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

You're done????

I haven't even started yet! YIKES!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My kids have been playing all day. Yeah!! No fights, no interruptions. Must be a good spell someone cast. DH is *sleeping* all day. He's had a few bad weeks and boards coming up. (Still happens with attendings! )
                          Angie

Comment

i read the one just before this in one day. Tim watched a lot of tv, ate lots of crackers, and Dh was not acknowledged when he came home from work. :!

Comment

Man - I am so behind!! I haven't even gotten ours yet. In fact, I didn't buy any of them - I always borrowed them from our neighbor when we lived in Michigan (he was 12, and I was knocking on his door after the release of each book, asking how much longer he was going to take reading it before I got to borrow it - what a kooky neighbor lady he thought I was!!) But now that we moved, I may have to bite the bullet and go get it - but then I'll have to get the whole series leading up to it since I have forgotten a lot of the details!!

Jen B.

Comment

Working...
                              X