Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Good-bye Karl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good-bye Karl

*sigh*

Thomas just left with one of our cats, Karl, to give him to a new family. This cat ran to us on Oct. 31, 2004. We brought him into our house around that time as well because he was emaciated and the weather was turning cold. He was so afraid that he hid under the beds for 2 months...we almost forgot we had him. Slowly, he started coming out and he quickly turned into my favorite. He always comes and sits on my lap and is so talkative...meowing everytime I walk by so that I'll give him a snuggle.

The thing is...we just have too many pets...with Karl, there are 4 cats, a dog and an aquarium with 3 high maintenance african water frogs. One of Thomas' nurses offered to take one of our declawed cats..and unfortunately, Karl was the only declawed cat...he came to us that way.

We have gone back and forth on this for a month now. After taking care of the litter boxes for the 11 days that Thomas was gone, I told him to just "do it"... and today was THE day...somehow, I didn't think it would really happen. I thought that maybe the nurse would change her mind...or that Thomas would. He drove Karl 1/2 way to the hospital and then came back home because he knew I was so sad about it....I would feel silly cancelling on this nurse for the umpteenth time. He is going to a good house with one little kitty...no dogs to be chased by or kids to pull on his tail.

But...I'm going to miss him. He was my favorite cat...

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Aww, he sounds like a sweet kitty! What a great gift to give a poor, emaciated cat by taking him in, "rehabbing him", and passing him on to somebody who will probably take good care of him!

BTW, how did he get the name Karl? When I first read your subject line, I thought maybe Rove had resigned!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC

BTW, how did he get the name Karl? When I first read your subject line, I thought maybe Rove had resigned!
      We can dream, can't we!

He got his name from 'Karl May' a fabous german author! One of our sons has Karl as a middle name as well.

Ultimately, I think Karl will be happy....It will be the chance for him to get more individual attention.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I know how you feel- I have a new stray that has appeared on our doorstep and there's no way I can add another living, breathing, pooping, thing to the household. He's a gorgeous grey tabby with white feet though. My only consolation is that he's still 'intact' and therefore more likely to spray- even after I get him fixed (which I will do anyway- just like I spayed and neutered half the stray cat population in San Antonio.)

Jenn

PS- did you hear about the woman here who was found with 488 cats in her home? Half were dead, all were diseased and of the total living # of cats, only 8 were able to be saved. All the others had to be put down because of communicable diseases. How pathetic. Makes my 3 look, well, normal!

Comment

I'm sorry for you, but at least Karl will be happy. Like Sue said, how lucky he is you found him.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That is so rough!

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
            X