Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trading Spaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Spaces

Does anyone watch it anymore? I think TLC ruined it by getting rid of the moderator...it is just plain...dumb now.

Why did they get rid of Paige Davis anyway?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Trading Spaces

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
    Does anyone watch it anymore? I think TLC ruined it by getting rid of the moderator...it is just plain...dumb now.
    Totally agree. I can't stand it now.

Why did they get rid of Paige Davis anyway?
    I was thinking about this the last time I watched the show. I wonder if she was asking for too much money when her contract was up for renewal?

Jennifer
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

I agree Paige was great, her husband is a big broadway star maybe she didn't like spending so much time away from him, but money could have been it as well!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I drifted from Trading Spaces to Clean Sweep, and now I've drifted from Clean Sweep to Moving Up. I think I'm almost done with Moving Up now, too. I like seeing people's homes, but these shows seem to run their course and start getting repetetive pretty quickly, and then I want something new.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Paige left because she's playing Roxy in the Broadway show of Chicago that has been going on for a while now. I think I rememeber seeing something about it a while back on E!.

Comment

From the official Paige Davis website:

I just wanted to take a minute to say goodbye. As you may have heard, TLC is taking Trading Spaces in a new creative direction. They are moving into a host-less format and therefore I will no longer be in the cast of the show. My last episode will premiere in March and in the meantime I'll be looking toward my next adventure and what will hopefully be a bright future — and a lot more time with Patrick and Sophie.

I cannot begin to explain what an incredible journey this show has been for me. I love Trading Spaces so much and I am very proud of what the cast and crew has brought to you. I have loved working with the amazingly talented cast. I have thoroughly enjoyed meeting all our homeowners. And it's been a thrill meeting awesome and dedicated fans like you all over the country. I will miss my friends very much, but I know they all wish me well and send me off with their love and support; and I am sure that Trading Spaces will still be a fabulous and fun show for all of you to watch. I will certainly be watching and cheering them on.

With much gratitude,
            Paige

Comment

Is Trading Spaces the one where the designs can be a little...nutty? I've only seen a few episodes, and it was a while ago, so I could be thinking of a different show. There are two episodes that stick out in my mind. One was a bathroom that they completely covered the walls in silk flowers (with a staple gun). The other was a room that they completely designed in brown despite the home owner saying that she hated brown and they could do anything but please don't do it in brown. She burst into tears and then got really angry at the neighbors who allowed the brown knowing how she felt about it.

I remember I liked the show, but personally wouldn't consider allowing any of the designers to have at my house. Am I thinking of a different show??

Comment

Is Trading Spaces the one where the designs can be a little...nutty?
                Yes! (IMO). My favorite was the one where the decorated the kitchen in wine labels even though the neighbors said that they had NEVER seen the homeowners drink alcohol.
                And once they spraypainted a stove..... :disappointed:
                But sometimes the stuff does come out really cute.

Comment

We used to be addicted to Trading Spaces, but at some point (even before Paige left) just started to lose interest. It just got to the point (for us, at least) where once you knew who the designer was going to be, you pretty much knew what the finished product was going to look like - too predictable, I guess. I can't even remember the last time I watched an episode, it's been so long now. We like Moving Up a lot now, although they haven't had any new episodes lately.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I also used to really enjoy it, but not so much now. I prefer Clean Sweep. I want someone to Clean Sweep my house.
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Clean Sweep is being cancelled, Luanne!

Has anyone caught 'Property Ladder'? I love this show...At one time I thought it would be a fun thing to 'flip' properites. After seeing what these people go through though....ugh...

Jane, isn't moving up the show where you see the different people move into/and redeisgn other homes? Did you see the squirrels in the attic one?

kris

Comment

Jane, isn't moving up the show where you see the different people move into/and redeisgn other homes? Did you see the squirrels in the attic one?
                        Yes, that's the show! I did see the one with the squirrels in the attic ... I couldn't believe everything that poor girl had to go through with that house, I would have :! . Gives me chills just thinking about it... Another one that sticks out in my mind was the one with the woman who made her house into a 'hobbit hole' or whatever, with the castles and round doorways and enchanted forest in her bedroom. Before watching these shows I had no idea the things that some people did to their homes!
                        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
                          Yes, that's the show! I did see the one with the squirrels in the attic ... I couldn't believe everything that poor girl had to go through with that house, I would have :! . Gives me chills just thinking about it... Another one that sticks out in my mind was the one with the woman who made her house into a 'hobbit hole' or whatever, with the castles and round doorways and enchanted forest in her bedroom. Before watching these shows I had no idea the things that some people did to their homes!
                          Those were both the same episode--the perky nursery-school teacher left the dead squirrels in the ceiling for the next owner, and then moved into her new house and promptly made it into the hobbit-hole thing. You could kind of tell she lived most of her life in serious denial of reality.
                          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I think it was hobbit hole woman who had the squirrels. Seriously, that grosse me out. It makes you think twice about what you're buying, doesn't it!!!

The one thing I always wonder about that show is that they all have these huge redecorating projects in mind that costs tens of thousands of dollars. Do people really buy homes thinking "I'll just knock out this wall" and "add this space"?

It's an addictive show though!

The also have similar ones on HGTV..and I've become hooked. Our tv is now set to HGTV almost hte whole day

Comment

Do people really buy homes thinking "I'll just knock out this wall" and "add this space"?
                              Yes. :!

Comment

Working...
                              X