Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

most user online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most user online...

Do you ever look at that message about the most users online ever at the bottom of the screen? What was that? Was that a chat? 29 people online here on Christmas Eve sounds like a party to me. Just curious. Clearly I am avoiding my work.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Having only been here a week, I only look to see who else is on so I know who else is avoiding the parts of life that I am. Or those who are as starved for adult interaction (if this even counts) as I am....

I do see you on a bit, :chat:

Comment

If it was a holiday, then it was probably everyone whose spouses were at work. Even if you don't celebrate that particular holiday, when nbothing is open and you're bored- or lonely or angry, etc- this is the place to be!

I have found people online at all hours. Of course, since we have members in Australia, Europe and India, (and more, I'm sure) its not surprising.

Jenn

Comment

Starved for adult interaction. So true! I am trying to write these days, so I spend a lot of time at the computer. Kris and I have been putting together the first online issue of MDFamily, so we've been emailing several times a day. When I'm researching or writing, I procrastinate by "checking in" every hour. Those are my excuses. Maybe I'll have to start doing the writing part at a coffee shop with no wireless. Clearly, I can't be trusted. I'm much busier when school is in session. Really, honest! Now I will resolve to stay away from this blasted site for the rest of the afternoon......
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Was this thread started as a conspiracy to get me to confess that I have an addiction?!? Ok, if there is a thread titled "Onliners Anonymous", I will know the truth....

There have been too many sleepless nights in our house when I was just on here reading....would reply more, but my one-handed typing isn't so good.

....and I think this does count for adult interaction....at whatever hour of the day/night.

Comment

Yep, Christmas Eve, that was me. My DH was on call the entire weekend. When I am online for school I tend to check in here way more often than is appropriate. Sign me up for the onliners annoymous. It is amazing how this place can be comforting at some of the worst times, and a place to share the joys (yes there are a few).
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

How long can you be logged in and have it say you are online? I often leave this site up, and come back to it throughout the day. Yes, that's right, I'm a total loser, and you are my only "friends". So, if I leave it up for a few hours, I am sure you can count me as online. I'm pretty much here, a lot.

Oh, and I am up for online chats, games, whatever. I really have no life of my own. I'm working on it though!!!
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Yeah - I check - a lot. I was wondering once if anyone ever looks to see how frequently certain people log in. And I was hoping that no one checks b/c I was embarrassed at how much I log in.

Comment

I'm with you Heidi. It isn't that we have no life, we are just very "involved"

I am also always logged on when I'm home during the day. I don't think that's the problem -- it's surfing the site all day that is!!
                  Angie

Comment

WE ARE OK
                    WE ARE OK
                    WE ARE OK
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Count me as another constant!! I haven't replied to very much lately, because I am usually checking when I am nursing, and one handed typing just gets me more frustated than anything else. Now, if we could just strike it rich and get a nice 'voice activated typer' I would be all over the replies . Okay, I guess I better get off and go see why my kids have YET to settle down and sleep at 10:45 PM!!

Jen B.

Comment

I tend to logon while nursing, too. So, even though I visit periodically through the day I have two hands to respond to posts with maybe once a day. So- I'm here a lot - just not "talking".

Jennifer
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                        X