Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Today Throws a Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Throws a Wedding

This is my latest guilty pleasure. I seem to manage to get hooked every year. I start out thinking I'm "above" this, and then end up casting my vote.

Anyone else into it?

say it is not so!
    we only spent 5500$ on the whole wedding, so I can't even begin to understand the hoopla...

Comment

I started watching it, and having casted any votes yet. I say I will and then I don't.

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I'm kind of following it, but haven't actually voted on anything yet. They did pick the bridesmaid dress that I liked the best, though.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I follow it and vote every year! I'm a sucker for weddings, my friends tell me I should be a planner. I did like the BM dress they picked best of the three options but honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the options. I thought her dress was pretty though. Always fun!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

the grooms outfit I voted for won! PHEW - what a load off my mind!

Comment

Wedding cake day today! For those of you bold enough to admit your interest, post your favorite here!

Comment

I voted for the sugar bakers cake (the square one). The wedding gown one looked cool - but not my taste at all. Plus, I was curious why they only showed the back (or I missed the front). It seemed suspicious .... (a la "We broke up because of my days of the week underpants. Where was Sunday? where had I left Sunday?") from When Harry Met Sally ... I'm a nerd, I know.

Comment

Did you all know that the place where they're getting married is on the island that my parent's just moved to? Kent Island, Maryland.

Jenn

Comment

I haven't voted but I'm going to vote for #3, the square one as well, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to stuff like that.
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

At the risk of being a crank , I've got issues with all of them.

I'm not big on the "cake that looks like something else" deal--It looks like stack of presents! It looks like a dress! The wedding already has those things, can't the cake look like a cake? Plus, that dress one, while an interesting concept, kind of says "Hey beautiful bride, this is what your dress would look like if you were short and dangerously fat." The proportions for a cake and for a dress are very different and don't mix well.

I think the flowers-between-the-layers idea is played out (wedding trends cycle so fast, something is cutting-edge perfect one day and done the next) and I appreciate that the chocolate one is going for non-traditional, but it's just not that pretty.

I think I would vote for the all-square one, because it is an attractive cake, despite my gift-box objection.

[/spewing negativity]
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I tend to like simple and clean lines, and the only cake that does that for me is the square one. Although interesting the "wedding dress" cake didn't do it for me--- too over the top I guess, and I agree with Julie
                        kind of says "Hey beautiful bride, this is what your dress would look like if you were short and dangerously fat."
                        I tend to be more traditionalist as well, so I went with the white cake. I wish you could have enlarged the pictures on the website to see more the detail.

Also the thought of eating a pumpkin chocolate chip cake just didn't sound right at a wedding.

Crystal
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                        X