Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Something to think about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on people, it's OK to say no or maybe...lurkers, you can vote and I promise you none of us (except Kris and she's on vacation) have the remotest techy skills to figure out who you are. and really, we don't have the time. Please, please, please vote here and in the demographics poll below.

Thanks for you support (channeling Bartles and James...for those of you old enough to remember them)

Jenn

Comment

I think this would be so much fun, especially if we can keep the cost down and get the added support from the suggested resources. And I will add to the many who agree that kids should be allowed at the discretion of their parent. Hopefully we could find a place that offered free child care or something. I really have no clue, just throwing things out there.

I definitely like the idea of breaking some of it down into groups as to where you are in the "process"...maybe med school, residency, post-graduation, etc.

Comment

Ok, so we're missing reponses from approximately 450 people. Helllooo?
        Where are you?

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, you crack me up! Even when you're peeved!

I put "maybe". It's dependent upon where the gathering was located. I've got five kids to take along with me and plane tickets/hotel rooms get mighty expensive with that number of people. So, if the meeting was in an area where my kids could be watched by my mom or my husband could get off work and watch them then I'd go.

Jennifer
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

only about 449 votes to go?

I think it is a great idea. I have kids that I can't find places for so I could only make it if they came too. Expense is an issue of course. Even if I couldn't make it, it would be a good thing to start. What about accessing the AMA Alliance/state alliances for resources? I saw this mentioned. Are a lot of you out there alliance affiliated? If I could make it I would be willing to be a part of a childcare volunteer group. Just the opinions of a 'lurker.'
            Janet

Comment

Oh yeah!

This sounds like a great idea, if the costs were reasonable. I like the idea of tacking it onto another conference or hitting up drug companies. In the best of all worlds, it would be near the derm conference in San Fran next year. Let me tell you all, the goodies are OUTRAGEOUS on the convention floor. Unfortunately so are the hotels in the downtown area.

Anyway, great idea, have to think about the kids. Weekends are better of course.

Comment

I said may be because it'd all depend on when this would be taking place. While I can definitely afford the trip and would love to meet all of you, DH usually has a shit-fit when I leave him alone for a few hours to have brunch with my college friends. Leaving him alone for a weekend might be problematic, unless he'll be working (which is what I'm hoping for).

I'm also good with planning and spreadsheet'ing, so let me know how I can help.

Comment

In the best of all worlds, it would be near the derm conference in San Fran next year. Let me tell you all, the goodies are OUTRAGEOUS on the convention floor.
                  My plans are to go with DH for that conference. He has a presentation or something which means that the dept pays for his hotel (and he doesn't have to share the room). I'm so excited! And I usually ask him to take an extra bag for the goodies but this time I get to pick them out. I'm already mapping out my trip through the Ferry Building.

As far as Cinncinati, that's kind of far for me. Depending on the date, I'll have to see if I can make it work.

Comment

Working...
                  X