Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

...a great place to visit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...a great place to visit....

....Florida.
    Can I just say that I am getting tired of hurricanes.....and I have only lived here for one year to the day!?!?!?! We are currently under military orders to be prepared to leave on Sunday. So, that means that I am now pulling out the "good" plywood(as all the cheap stuff was gone with the last hurricane-ie- $28/sheet) and boarding the three picture windows.
    What a pain....the last three days the humidity has been 348% and it just bursts into rain at the exact moment that our oldest gets off the school bus to walk to the house....I am dreaming of a crisp fall day, football, and sweatshirts- not oppressive humid days, hurricanes and sweaty-shirts.

Just needed to unload some frustrations.... :|

I'm so sorry Matt. The hurricane season has gotten insane down there. My mom has the automatic hurricane shutters on her new condo deck. I think they were 10 K or so to install. The condo required everyone to get them. At the time, it seemed like a crazy expense. Now - I'm sure she's glad she can just push a button and seal the place up. Her last condo (on the ocean) ended up losing the roof last season. Nasty. Is Katrina clearly headed for you? Or just maybe? I hope you end up with no damage again - but I'm sorry you've got to haul yourself out of there one more time. At least in the winter you can tease us with your 70 degree temps.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Wow, yuck, I am so sorry. I hope this storm weakens like crazy for you and you can save your plywood. I can see why you'd be sick of it. Tell your neighbords to stop their rain dancin' already!
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

What a crazy time for you. If you'd like to send your rain up here, we sure can use it! Stay safe!

I can't help but think that W. insists upon burying his head in the sand about global warming so that FL will have more crazy storms, and Jeb can raid the FEMA grants.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

That's such a pain! Fall does sound like a treat, I'm sure. How long are you stationed there?

Be safe.

Comment

Only 37 more months

Comment

that just sucks Matt. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you'll make it through unscathed yet again.

Jenn

Fluff- what do you mean there's global warming? I have no idea what you're talking about. as the front page of the Post yesterday was all about the ocean populations that are going extinct at massive rate, every year.

Comment

well it's a good thing the pres doesn't read the paper.
                ok this is blatant hijacking. I apologize (but not enough to cancel the post )
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Luanne and I will add you to our Kumbaya sing along at the annual gathering.

Jenn

Comment

I'm tuning my guitar!!!
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Ugh. I hope you aren't evacuated or get back home quickly. That would definitely get tiresome.

Are you getting close to the end of the season?

Comment

I think this is the beginning of the season - but Matt or Michelle would know best.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                          well it's a good thing the pres doesn't read the paper.
                          ok this is blatant hijacking. I apologize (but not enough to cancel the post )

you crack me up!!!!!
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Matt, I hope that you don't end up being evacuated and that the damage is minimal.
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Good luck Matt. I hope the storm misses you. When it does, you can celebrate by picking a sunny day to go play 18 holes.

Comment

Working...
                              X