Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Victorians were right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:chat: Hmmm, a urinal...not a bad plan!

Sara

Comment

I agree, my DH can sleep through ANYTHING except his pager. It'll be interesting to see how he does with kids. Hmm...
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

In his defense, DH has never actually slept through a page although he has put me on "back up call" when he was worried that he could. Sadly, he has told me to page him (at home) when I can't physically wake him up. Very weird Pavlovian stuff .....
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I've found that babies are even easier to sleep through, especially when the spouse is always jumping out of bed to take care of them
          Especially when the spouse is the milk provider and there is a built-in excuse to not get up (even if there is no way the kid is hungry).

No offense to Matt, Fluff and Peter who I'm sure have pulled their share of night duty. I'm just referring to MY reality.

Comment

Re: The Victorians were right

Originally posted by jloreine
            but really- separate bedrooms. What's bad about that? We could be right next door to each other, adjoining rooms even. Jenn
            AMEN !
            I second that! Sounds great to me! I am SO SICK of being woken up at 4 or 5 am!!!!!!!

Comment

I am with Sally on this one..... we are in week three of night float ( out of 13 weeks total this year but we are on a 7 week stretch now) and I sure would like a warm body that weighs more than 22 pounds to snuggle with. He will never have home call unless he goes into private practice . I am a very solid sleeper, and fall back asleep very easily, so I would rather have him in bed with me.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I am drooling over this idea...what luxury. I wonder if I could sell my DH on this one. Probably not, he loves having someone next to him ALL THE TIME! There are 5 girls in my family & I had my own room for about 2 years of my life, then had roommates in college, got married & had kids. I'm ready for some privacy!!! That sounds incredibly selfish I suppose. Ah well, my true personality comes out!

Sara

Comment

Maybe if we install a urinal and a bidet we could end my two least favorite chores...cleaning the loo and washing the boy's undies.

I would love my own room. Sometimes when Henry is napping and Tim is playing quietly I will sneak into my bedroom and read with the radio on. It feels incredibly luxurious.

Comment

You women crack me up! I would flip a lid if the wife suggested such. She can have the garage any night she gets such a crazy idea.

Comment

Originally posted by lunatic
                      I think it would keep some of the romance alive if I didn't have to hear him snore, fart, burp, etc. all night, every night. I have this romantic notion that it would be like perpetual dating w/o the emotional rollercoaster.
                      Not a bad idea at all. It would be a bit like we were all still on dating good behavior. I'm frightened by how much sense this is making to me.

Comment

I'll take the garage if I can air-condition it and decorate!!

Sara

Comment

Working...
                        X