Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How do you make a paypal payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make a paypal payment?

OK..retarded question here, but I need to make a payment for an ebay item with a credit card. I don't want the funds withdrawn from my paypal account...I just...want to pay with my credit card.

I tried opening up a new paypal account to keep my accounts separate, but it won't allow me to register my credit card with them because it's registered with the other account.

I thought you were supposed to be able to pay with your credit card if you had a paypal account.

Am I a complete idiot?????

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Kris,
    I have absolutely no idea. If it's any consolation, I've had some difficulties with CC payments too. I can't remember the problem....I think I was trying to change the expiration date or I was trying to change card numbers? It was a pain and not at all like other website payments.

Good luck!

Comment

I know, I know!

When you are in paypal, and you click "send money" it will list your bank account.

On the first screen you put in how much you want to send and where. It changes when you pay through ebay though.

On the next screen, there is a thing that says "source of funds" and it will list your bank account. Right under there there is a link that says, "More funding options."

That's it!

If you can't change it through ebay, note the address, and go through the paypal website.

HTH.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Can you walk me through it? I can not change my payment options through ebay...though I see the source of funds line. When I go into paypal, it gets even more confusing. There are just way too many options. I'm thinking of just sending a check and then being done with auctions!

Also...why the heck can't I pay into my paypal account with my own credit card? I tried and it won't let me. This all feels way too confusing for someone used to just .... pointing, clicking and entering a cc number to pay.

Comment

Heidi -- I think that is how I fixed my PayPal problem! The "more funding options" thing sounds vaguely familiar.

Kris, if I remember correctly, it seemed like I had to go further through the payment screens than seemed....reasonable. That's why it took a while to find it. It is not at all obvious how to do it (IMO).

Comment

I'm sending a check!

Comment

Sorry, Kris, I wasn't here to walk you through it, but if you would still like me to, let me know!

Comment

Thanks...I finally heard back from payal.

If there is enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the payment, you cannot use your credit or debit card as a funding option for that payment.
                I thought the whole point of paypal was to be able to register the account and then pay with your flippin' credit card. Why should the balance on the account play a role?
                weird
                kris

Comment

You're kidding! So no amount of hunting around for the "more funding options" would have helped. What a pain!

Comment

I really dug into the depths of the all of the options before finally giving in and emailing paypal....when they finally responded, they basically sent me a copy of the faq on how to make a payment with the link for me to see the live text as well.....

Oh well...I already sent out a cashier's check. I was just curious about how to get it to work 'right'.

kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona

If there is enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the payment, you cannot use your credit or debit card as a funding option for that payment.
                      That explains it! I never have a balance in my payPal account.
                      I only get money out, and rarely receieve it. When I do sell something, I deposit the money into my bank account.

If you have a different bank account and e-mail address you can set up two PayPal accounts. Like one for your checking and one for savings, I think. Maybe they both need to be checking.

Sorry you had to send a check!

Comment

Working...
                      X