Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

2 steps forward, 3 steps back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 steps forward, 3 steps back

Waaaaaaah!

I lost my wallet in the Target parking lot tonight. I had a return to do at OfficeMax and shopping to do at Target, so I parked between the two and dragged the kids into Omax. I didn't have my wallet to give them ID for the return, but didn't panic b/c I'd JUST paid for Burger King (health nut that I am) and knew I'd brought it with me. I figured I just left it in the car. I drag the kids back through the parking lot to the car, only to find no wallet. I must have had it on my lap and it must have fallen out when I stood up.

We've just had a couple weeks of ups and downs, and I feel like I'm going to crack. My car has been in and out of the shop 3 times in the past 10 days, the 2nd time left us stranded at a gas station for 1.5 hours and my SIL and I ended up getting a ride home in a police cruiser so I could get our other car. Fortunately the repairs have been covered by warranty so it's been more of an inconvience than anything.

The worst though is that I haven't gotten my KS license yet, and I think I'll have to take a whole test now that I don't have a valid license from another state. I'm seriously considering scheduling a trip back to OH just to avoid that. Maneuverability is a problem for me ... reverse is not my best gear.

Oh, Jenn, I'm so sorry about the whole thing!

Jennifer
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Oh, no! That sounds like a tough couple of weeks. I hope OH will just re-issue the license. I was sweating taking the written test recently -- can't imagine the actual driving test!

Comment

What a crappy run of luck. What's up with your car? I've lost more sets of keys than you can imagine (and changed the locks so often I can do that myself now). I've only lost a wallet once. That's a royal pain. Did you have to cancel all your credit cards? Ugg.

DH had to take the driving test here after his license expired .... and I had to in Maryland years ago after living in NYC and letting my FL license expire. The stress was HIGH, but the actual test was easy. I took the MD test with both little kids in the back seat in car seats. I think the examiner was more concerned with the noise level of the children than my driving skill; he rubber stamped me pretty quickly. DH had to take 3 days to get his due to the license regulations - he had a permit for one day so I told him he could drive with me in the car. I would examine the regulations for the state -- in MD you had 6 mos after expiration to get your license. Here, it was the full monty immediately. Aren't you coming to OH for something else eventually anyway? Anyway I can help, let me know. I have the OH drivers books handy because I'm taking my test soon too. My MA license expires in November. Guess I'll have to join OH officially.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

That really sucks Jenn! I almost had to take the MO driving test, but ended up driving over to KS to renew my license so I wouldn't have to. Driving over to OH would be a much bigger deal, though, so I hope you don't have to. I guess there's a chance that someone might turn in your wallet??? (I'm sure that's a long shot, but you never know).
          I suppose having a DH studying like crazy doesn't help, huh?
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Good news on the license front! I called KS BMV and they only require that I get my DL # from Ohio and bring that along with social security card, marriage license, and birth certificate into the office. Then I only have to take a VISION test. Woo Hoo! I can pass that!

I suppose one might say that if I can't pass a drivers test, I shouldn't be driving, but .... well, I don't have a good response for that.

I doubt anyone will return it (and it was new, from 1154 Lill). There's NOTHING in it to indicate my current address - so if they tried to find me or mail it it will go to Ohio anyway.

I stopped all of my cards w/o a problem, and fortunately the # on DH's debit card is different than mine even though it's the same account, so we still have access to our $ while waiting for all of my new stuff to be mailed.

Taking the car in this afternoon for the final (cross your fingers) fix. Thanks all for commiserating.

Comment

That is fantastic news! A vision test should be easy enough to pass. Phew!

Comment

Working...
              X