Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Monday Blahs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Blahs

It is rainy here. We don't have anywhere we have to be on Mondays. I just want to stay in bed all day. I am so tired. DH is in the middle of working Q3 calls for 18 days. We doesn't even see a call room when he is on call so post call and the day after he is very tired and short- fused. He is also taking his board exam at the end of the month. We are both exhausted from the lack of downtime. I need to hit the gym, but the idea of trekking the kids there doesn't sound appealing.

Anyone having a yucky Monday?

Jennifer
    Needs

Well, I DID hit the gym (for the first time in about 7 months....haven't been exercising regularly for a year ) and it felt pretty good, after I was done at least!!! I took Nathan with me and he was sad to leave the child care room when I came to pick him up, so I guess that is a good sign. I have a TON of laundry to do today, and with the weather outside, I actually don't mind staying in and doing it.

I hope your day improves, Jenn.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm having sort of a blah Monday here, too! We're having a rainy day here and I'm hoping that there will be a little break in the clouds so that I can take ds out on a little jog. I don't mind going out in the rain, but I know that one of my neighbors will say something about me taking the baby out in rainy weather. I guess I could get off of the computer and get some cleaning done....

Comment

Originally posted by EDWife
        I guess I could get off of the computer and get some cleaning done....
        My daily mantra....which usually ends with me saying "eeeh...5 more minutes" :>

We are actually having a nice weather day here so I am feeling a little more upbeat. Sorry for the bad weather and blahs out where you are!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Monday is the same as any other day. Dh is on call again. Shocked, aren't you? Anyway, DD has a nasty rash and an upper respiratory infection, and I am taking her into to the pediatrician's office this morning. My pediatrician isn't there today, so I will be seeing nurse practitioner. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I have a doctor at home, and I am making an appointment to see the Nurse Practitioner. Ugh. Orthopaedic surgeons are useless. "What no bone broke? Me don't know."

She has had a nasty rash since Saturday morning. Originally, I thought it was an allergy, then I thought it was a viral rash. Now, I think it is an allergic reaction caused by bug bites. This is gross, but DD sometimes lays in our bed, and last night after I put her in her crib, and I went to be, I got some bug bites, and ended up with a small rash of my own. Dear God NO! I cannot afford a new bed. I vacuumed the bed and changed the sheets right away. But, ewwww. These sheets were not on there for more than 2 weeks, tops. I think it was actually less than that. I hope that there are no bugs in the mattress. I may buy all new pillows. FYI, I could not see any bugs.

Do they have professional matress washing services? I have a King pillowtop, and it could stand to be cleaned. We have only had it a year and a half. Having been through some spills and such with leaky boobs and a baby, it has had its share of yuck. I have cleaned it the best I can in the past, but I would love to have it CLEAN. Am I screwed? Do I have to get a new matress?

ACK!
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Take everything off of the bed and give it a good dosing of Lysol....Then cover the mattress with a mattress protector and add a bed topper....It will cover up most of the mattress and will be nice and extra soft.

Yucky...that really does stink!!!!

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Our Monday is rainy, too, and I forgot that our music class was cancelled today. I was really looking forward to it but when I arrived there wasn't a single car in the parking lot - it's Columbus Day so the class was cancelled. The teacher could have reminded us last week!

So, now I'm doing a couple of loads of laundry while DD (hopefully) takes a nap. She pulled my hair so hard today that it still hurts. I don't know what to do about that little problem.

I'm feeling unmotivated, but maybe if I plan out different events for the week that will give us some direction!

Comment

Heidi,

A mattress cover will definitely help. Also you could rotate the mattress. Good luck at the doctor's!

Comment

Sorry to hijack earlier! Oops!

Took the baby to the pediatrician's office. The nurse practioner (and dh concurs, where was he earlier??) that she has a viral uticaria, and it probably isn't related to bugs at all. We do have a mattress pad. We do not have a waterproof pad, however, and things have gotten through the matress pad on occasion.

I think the bug issue will be fine. I'm going to give it a few more days with the new, clean sheets, and see if things are okay.

When I have a chance I am going to wash the mattress and vacuum it again, along with the pillows.

Thanks for your thoughts!
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Fighting the blues

Just decided that I'm missing adult company (DH is a third year resident) so I started a "pot luck club" 1x/mo. amongst all my fellow mom/friends. Kids are invited, pizzas are ordered, houses are not allowed to be cleaned and a lot of wine will be drank. We'll see how it goes! I need some time with the "girls". My life is so routine with every day looking the same! Hoping this will beat the Monday/rainy day/every day blues!

Comment

Kids are invited, pizzas are ordered, houses are not allowed to be cleaned and a lot of wine will be drank.
                      Can I come?

That sounds great! I want some girlfriends to hang with!
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

You can find some girlfriends. Most women I know are overworked and stressed out. You wouldn't believe the positive response I got from this pot luck club. I wrote a random letter, inviting folks over and sent it to my daughter's friend's moms (the ones I thought I had things in common with). You can do it too! We ladies need to stick together and have some fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X