Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

I need Halloween costume ideas for DH and I! I am so not creative and we haven't ever dressed up together.

Help!

Jennifer
    Needs

The dish and the spoon
    Owl and Pussycat
    The spider and the fly
    Robin and Maid Marian
    Tom and Katie
    Anna Nicole and the geriatric millionaire she married

mustard and catsup
    Pie and ice cream
    Devil and angel
    Football player and cheerleader

The couple from American Gothic (the painting, its the farmer and his spinster daughter)

um, one year FIL wore his regular professor outfit and glasses.Nobody got it until he shook their hands. He has glued hair to his palms. Then they noticed that he didn't normally wear glasses.

He was the myth of masturbation

Comment

Too funny. My costume contribution, but it's not for a pair. Attach some peanut shells to the crotch of your DH's pants.....he's f*#@ing nuts! I saw that one a while ago and I think the guy's wife was barefoot and pregnant? (Helped that she was really pregnant!). Oh, or lampshade on his head and a nightstand made out of a cardboard box to be....A one nightstand.

Sorry, no G or PG ones.

I like the angel and devil suggestion. You have perfect hair for the angel! How about M&Ms? Wear all the same color and attach a felt M to your chest.

Comment

Priest and a nun, or a pregnant nun
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

A pair of dice (cardboard boxes painted)

Belle and Beast

We had a dentist friend who dressed as a toothbroush and his wife was a tube of crest. (wore the lampshade on her head for the cap)

Jenn

Of course, you can always make fun of our Dawkter's Wife image and have him go in scrubs and you wear your bathrobe, a facial mask and bring a box of candies....

Comment

We went as Wonder Woman and Superman one year (my dh wasn't thrilled that I rented him a costume that was completely Spandex). The next year he went as a priest and I dressed up as a Catholic schoolgirl (I was pregnant at the time).
            I've seen some other cute couples costumes but it's escaping me at the moment, I'll post the others if I ever remember them.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

DH and I are doing Rhett and Scarlett. My mom's wedding dress has been turned into the Scarlett ballgown --by her, not me, so no guilt there. We also thought of doing Lucy and Ricky Ricardo. We're sticking to the real people/couples thing for the party we're attending. (Everyone seems to be doing movies/TV people!) The hostess is Marilyn Monroe....her husband is Ralph Kramden. Another couple is coming as Merlin and the young king Arthur.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Apparently early in their marriage my parents went to a party as Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, which is extra hilarious if you know them. I didn't believe it until I saw the pictures. My dad has a bit of a Grizzly Adams quality to him, so the tutu was quite befitting. My mom was rail thin then and had short hair, so made a very cute Peter Pan.
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

My favorite Halloween I went out on the town as a kissing booth. Not only did I pocket some cash, I pocketed a few numbers after briefly testing the merchandise. It's not exactly couple appropriate, but a good time for any single friends you have....

Comment

A few years ago, DH and I went as each other. He went as a pregnant woman (I had just had the babies...), and I went as a doctor. It was hilarious to see people finally figure out that it was him! We did the works: Wig, make up, press-on nails, jewelry, fake eyelashes, ect. I'm trying to talk him into doing it again this year...

Jen b.

Comment

Jennifer, did you decide on anything yet? I'm anxious to hear what you're going to be.

Comment

We just lost out babysitter, so we haven't gotten costumes yet until we find a replacement. DH says he wants to be a baby. I hope he is joking!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

If he wants to do that, you could dress in all shades of blue and you two could be "Baby Blues".

Comment

Working...
                          X