Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Arrrgghhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrgghhh!

So, my question is: how exactly can one person be on call for two different services with three different hospitals?

My husband is on-call for the adult neurology service and is back-up for peds- and is somehow supposed to be able to be at Walter Reed, Bethesda and DeWitt (Ft. Belvoir) for both. He was supposed to be home about 3 hours ago but due to the about referenced issue, he's not home yet. I doubt he even comes home tonight. He'll probably sleep in the call room at one of the hospitals.

Management- not a strong suit of medicine. or the military.

Jenn

That is freaking ridiculous and unfair! I feel for you! Why doesn't the army use their supposed intelligence and clone your hubby.

Hope he comes home.

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

So annoying...that really stinks.

Comment

That's crazy! I'd say it would take a freakin' miracle for him to come home tonight. Is there somebody coordinating the schedules for all of those places that thought that was acceptable?
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Insane. But what else can we expect?

Are you guys military "lifers"? It seems that way from your posts, or maybe it just seems like you've been in a lifetime.

Hopefully he will just stay in a call room rather than driving home half asleep.

Comment

Re: Arrrgghhh!

Originally posted by jloreine

Management- not a strong suit of medicine. or the military.
            Management and medicine alone are a dangerous enough combination. Add in the military....oooohhh boy..... :!

Comment

He finally made it home 11ish and was promptly paged and then spent half an hour explaining to an intern that an altered state is not necessarily a seizure. (poor guy, my husband had to peel him off the ceiling. I can tell when he's talking to a med student or an intern because he slows down and goes through every single step in the decision process with them. I guess he remembers how clueless and lost he felt!) After THAT, he got paged from peds and after that I went to sleep and he ended up sleeping on the couch with both pagers, the phone and his cell phone right next to him.

Yikes!

Jenn

Comment

Oh, and Jenn P., we're lifers because he was enlisted, then in the Guard and then went to USUHS and since he owes the Army 7 years after we finish with the never ending training, he'll have 22 years in.

Jenn

PS- He went to med school & residency with a girl who did ROTC (4 years) then USUHS (7) plus now is doing a fellowship in allergy. So, we'll be passing her in the hallways forever. (and the guy who did West Point (5) and HPSP (4))

Comment

Working...
                X