Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if....

your SO actually had a day off, how would he/she spend it?

Jennifer
    Needs

Catching up in medical records to get off suspension!!!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Getting caught up on all the projects we have to do around the house!

Comment

I would hope it be finishing the jewelry chest he started making me three years ago!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Sleeping in, playing on the computer and worrying about not studying.

Comment

She would spend it with the boy and me. We would go to the park, out to eat, take ah..."naps", and talk about how much we love each other.

Comment

How I would like him to spend it: Catching up on house projects, spending quality time with me. :---

How he would probably spend it: Catching up on sleep, playing video games, watching TV.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Re: What if....

Originally posted by jlynnb
                your SO actually had a day off, how would he/she spend it?
                He'd catch a nap, take a 80 mile bike ride, and if he was home he would clean house and work on bikes and run errands. He'd buy groceries, rent a DVD, make me dinner and cuddle with me on the couch in front of a movie.

Ye gods, I love fourth year! This was our life for the week before he went to Fresno.
                Alison

Comment

Hmmm, Day Off- which implies no call....Wow, I can't remember what that was like.

I asked him last night, and he said "I'd spend it doing something with you and the dude."

What he meant to add was, "after I've killed some aliens on the computer, watched 25 hours straight of poker on TV, interspersed with South Park and whatever Monty Python reruns I can find..."

Jenn

Comment

I think he'd spend most of his day surfing the net for more "stuff". I'd like to think we'd all do something together, like go to the park and fly a kite or something, but we've had those kites since Spring and they are STILL in their original packaging...
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Yeah - I'm with Jenn's response. My dh would say "spending time with you and the boys" which in husband-speak translates to sleeping as late as I can muster without getting screamed at, lounging around for long periods of time, napping when / if the boys nap (and even if they don't b/c I'd fall asleep first), and then finally starting a project far too late in the day to complete it.

Comment

I'm glad DH is not alone. The day after returning from his test he played on the computer while I was getting the girls ready and said goodbye to them as we were leaving. When we returned he was sleeping and slept until 3pm followed by several hours of TV watching. I was not a happy camper after spending the past two months straight with my kids. I understand he needed a rest, but so do I!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by j3qpatel
                          Yeah - I'm with Jenn's response. My dh would say "spending time with you and the boys" which in Jigar-speak translates to sleeping as late as I can muster without getting screamed at, lounging around for long periods of time, napping when / if the boys nap (and even if they don't b/c I'd fall asleep first), and then finally starting a project far too late in the day to complete it.
                          omg...you've described my husband!

kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                          X