Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

They're here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're here...

...we're starting to get calls from recruiters. Today was the babysitter's turn. No matter how much she tried to tell this guy that she didn't have any thoughts on DH's "geographical preferences" he wouldn't let go. Maybe a different version of an ambulance chaser?

We've been getting recruiter stuff in the mail for the last year. I just immediately toss it all in the trash. It just depresses my husband to read the offers (like, say, beginning at $400K and partnership after a year with an automatic salary increase to $500K and 12 weeks off/yr). There is NO WAY the military pay and compensation package (as well as the vacation time) will every come close to these offers. He also has to ignore his coworkers' talk about the interviews they have been going on (all pretty similar offers to the above). Oh well....

:| Jennifer
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

We've been done for almost 6 months, and they still don't quit. I have gotten to the point where I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number. The nice thing is the phone calls are starting to decrease.

I am starting to see these recruiters in the same light as telemarketers. (if you think about it, that's what they are.)

Crystal
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Yup, it's been almost 2 years since DH signed his contract and the recruiters are still after him. There are some good recruiters out there, but it's the bad ones who won't leave you alone!

Comment

This guy is way to early. I put him on the "not-so-good" pile. Besides, DH is going to have to figure out what the hell he wants to do before they even have a chance at being useful.

Comment

So, they're here and they are scuzbags. Somehow they got the numbers of all the 2nd and 3rd years in DHs program. One resident asked how they got her number and he hung up on her. One posed as a doctor to get past the hospital operator. Sign us up!

Comment

In DH's current job market they are SORELY needed right now!!!

We LOVE calls from them becuase it means another possibility we weren't aware of.

Most of them, I agree, are like used car salesmen and women. They call our house during the day to get a "feel" for what I will ok and veto as far as locations under the guise of looking for DH. HUH? It's 2:00 in the afternoon nimrod -- call his pager and leave a message!!!!

DH is on an interview right now a head hunter set up.

Also, I am tired of them trying to convince DH to do Gen. Surg. They say we could live anywhere and name our starting salary (within reason)!! ERRG. Not what I want to hear!!!
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
              X