Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

fantasy dream house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it count, it's not technically a house?

My dream place would be a pre-war 3 bed/3.5 bath apartment on Riverside Drive (although I'd consider other UWS locations) in a luxury doorman building with garage and valet parking. Hardwood floors (Italian tiles in bathrooms and kitchen) and crown molding are a must. The kitchen would have state-of-the-art equipment with stainless stell appliances, maple cabinets and quartz countertops. There'd be also a wine fridge that fits upto 100 bottles. One of the bedrooms would be DH's library with build-in bookcases. Master suite would have his and her bathrooms (mine with jacuzzi, his with steam shower) and walk-in custom closets. Third bedroom would be office/guest room. Sometimes these also come with maid quarters, which would be great, as we'd ask our cleaning woman to move in permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
      Does it count, it's not technically a house?

My dream place would be a pre-war 3 bed/3.5 bath apartment on Riverside Drive (although I'd consider other UWS locations) in a luxury doorman building with garage and valet parking. Hardwood floors (Italian tiles in bathrooms and kitchen) and crown molding are a must. The kitchen would have state-of-the-art equipment with stainless stell appliances, maple cabinets and quartz countertops. There'd be also a wine fridge that fits upto 100 bottles. One of the bedrooms would be DH's library with build-in bookcases. Master suite would have his and her bathrooms (mine with jacuzzi, his with steam shower) and walk-in custom closets. Third bedroom would be office/guest room. Sometimes these also come with maid quarters, which would be great, as we'd ask our cleaning woman to move in permanently.
      That would definitely blow the 450K-650K budget! I have to agree with you on loving the Upper West Side, though! I used to work up there and always said if I won the lottery that's where I'd get my NYC place. (One of several places I'd own, you know, being a lottery winner and all.)
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

One of several places I'd own, you know, being a lottery winner and all
        A few villas and chauteaus tucked in various European/Carribean countries would be nice too.

Comment

Working...
        X