Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

SNOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOW!

The winter season is finally here, its snowing here in Rochester. Right now it is melting when it hits the road, but its accumulating on the yard and we're supposed to have a few inches by morning. Fun! :{
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

We are getting it too, Cheri! It started out as rain...then when I went to pick Andrew up from school it turned into snow. Ours isn't sticking yet, but we're supposed to get a couple of inches.

It has been unusually warm for Nov., hasn't it? We were out hiking 2 weeks ago and the kids were so warm they took their coats off! I'm ready for the white stuff....just not the gray skies and bitter cold! :{

Here's hoping you get a couple of inches and can run out and make a little snowman
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm ready for the season too, I just hope that it stays nice through the 27th. We're having 15 people at our house for Thanksgiving. Most are driving from Kansas, but a few are flying too. I just hope they don't get stuck here!

Comment

It is 78 degrees here at 8pm!! I dont ever want it to get cold but I think it is supposed to this weekend.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We are going from mid-sixties today to a high of 38 tomorrow that will happen at 6 a.m, after which temps will plummet ......if we make it through the hours of thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches that are supposed to run all night. My oldest son is about to have a psychotic episode because he is so freaked out by tornadoes. The winds are howling as I type.....

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

They're saying we'll end up with 2-5 inches overnight! :{

Comment

Us too.

First WI winter since 1991.

I forgot to buy the boys snowboots. Guess there will be a Target run in the morning.

Maude, I hope people don't drive like the do in Richmond the first time it snow here.

I'm askeered and excitded both.

Comment

We got some of the stuff blowing around today - but nothing near what is required to stick. Kansas sure has some good wind! Today was grey and ugly - it reminded me a lot of dear, sweet, old Cleveland.

Comment

We're supposed to get 1-3 inches too.....we have about 1. It's really blowing around out there. The first snow of the season is always exciting.....it's when March rolls around and it's still like this that I get a little....testy!

Sally....the tornadoes do sound scarey! Hopefully everything will be alright and your son will be able to rest easy!

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I so do not miss snow. Icky white (at first) horrible stuff.

Good riddance! Ya'll enjoy!
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

heh, gloat while you can, Southern girl.

But be warned, there are sometimes power outages in the middle of winter from freezing rain bringing down the wires or someone plowing into a transformer on the icey roads.

:!

Comment

Originally posted by j3qpatel
                        Today was grey and ugly - it reminded me a lot of dear, sweet, old Cleveland.
                        Alison

Comment

Heidi,

How about that ice storm last January? I dont know if you guys got it that far over, but the whole town was frozen, the roads were frozen, a lot of branches broke bc they were iced over. One fell on a friend's car parked in my driveway. Now, I would take a one day ice storm over a winter of snow any day.
                          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Yeah, we got the ice storm! I think, anyway. We actually got one the day after Christmas. I would take 5 ice storms and being without power for a few days (I have a gas stove and fireplace!) over all that snow any day! I've done my time in the frozen Northeast, and I am finished with it for good!

Today's high: 80. Tomorrow: A chilly 57.

I didn't even wear a coat last year. No snow shovels. No scraping ice of the cars and unearthing them just so you can go. No freezing for 20 minutes of your 30 minutes drive.

When I was a tiny girl we lived in North Dakota, and my ONLY memory is being cold. I lost one of my gloves.

I hate the cold. People who love it and look forward to the first snowfall baffle me a bit, I have to say. You all have fun sledding. I will have fun golfing!
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm with you, Heidi. I did not miss winter ONE bit during the eight years we lived in TX. (Although I did miss fall.) Yet, here we are back in Indiana. I guess I should just be grateful it isn't Minnesota, huh? I don't look forward to the next four or so months.

Sally
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X