Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

We are leaving (supposedly in 15 minutes) to celebrate with DH's brother and family in Charlotte, NC. I am not looking forward to the car ride today, but after that, it should be a great time.

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Have a great trip Sally! We're leaving for my parents' house tomorrow afternoon, we're supposed to get snow tomorrow so I'm hoping it's not too bad for the drive (they're only about 2 hours away).

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! I will be slaving away over the stove to make a dinner for the four of us. One of which will be on call, and one of which isn't going to do much to help eat the turkey.

My family will be thousands of miles away having fun without me as usual, and I doubt they will even think to call me.

I'll most likely be online here hoping somone is in the same boat as I am.

I'm not bitter, I'm not.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
        This is my first Thanksgiving as a married couple and we're staying put in Chicago. I bought a 10-pound turkey for 4 people (is that enough turkey?--I'm thinking that by the time I get done fussing over the bird all day, I won't want to eat much of it!)

My brother's supposed to swing by to help me prep at bit tomorrow, so I'm not sweating bullets to make this a perfect dinner. Plus, my husband's German and he still thinks you're supposed to stuff the turkey with mashed potatoes!!!

I'm happy to say that he's actually got the day off on Thursday. Post-call on Saturday and Sunday off!

Have a good one!!
        --Alison
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We're heading over to my parent's house Wednesday night. Of course, my husband thinks he's on call on thursday- but hasn't found out for sure. Have I mentioned how screwed up this program is administratively?

So, the dog goes to Dog-ma, the cats stay here and feast on large bowls of food, and we all head over to look at the Chesapeake Bay. My moms sister and her kids and one of thier friends, and my cousin who also lives here in DC (other side of the family) and my B and SIL. It'll be the normal crowd.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by hlj25950
            My family will be thousands of miles away having fun without me as usual, and I doubt they will even think to call me.
            Oh, I woke up this morning from a vivid dream in which I wasn't allowed to sit at the table because my brother needed the only remaining seat to hold his bag. I objected and the whole family backed him up in his right to have his bag on the seat instead of me. I was livid.

Did I mention that my brother just got engaged to a girl I've only met once? Paging Dr. Freud! Dr. Freud, report immediately!

P.S. I actually get along great with my brother and his bride-to-be is by all accounts lovely and gracious. My issues with his engagement are small and silly and I expect to get over them entirely and quickly.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We found a family to adopt us for Thanksgiving. We've become friends with the family of DD's friend and we are going to the grandma's house for Thanksgiving. One of those big, fun 20+ people family celebrations made even better by the fact that they aren't my family!

Then we are going to have our own turkey dinner just the 4 of us on Friday or Saturday so that we can have everything just the way we want it. (2 parts DH's request for favorites, 1 part my need to cook it my way).

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

Hope your drive is safe and uneventful, Sally.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie

Oh, I woke up this morning from a vivid dream in which I wasn't allowed to sit at the table because my brother needed the only remaining seat to hold his bag. I objected and the whole family backed him up in his right to have his bag on the seat instead of me. I was livid.
                Have you been camping out inside my head? I could have had this dream.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We'll be hanging out here in Boston this year. No extended family. It's a good thing we're not going to Texas this year for the holidays since a major family crisis has popped up and it mostly concerns a brother of mine who has been having some jealousy issues towards me the last few years. :!

Jennifer
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

We're cooking Thanksgiving for seven people - and it's the baby's first Thanksgiving. I'm excited but am also looking forward to Friday and being done!

Have a wonderful holiday, everyone.

Comment

We're cooking for 15, both sets of parents, all the siblings and their spouses, two grandparents, and one uncle. Should be tons of fun! Really, I'm very excited just hopeful that it goes well.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Good luck everyone with your Thanksgiving feasts! Julie, you can have a seat at our table any day! Enjoy visiting with family and friends. We will be driving 8 hours tomorrow after DH gets out of work and spending the weekend with my DH's parents and brother's families. My MIL is doing the turkey so I am looking forward to taking naps, going running and watching my girls play with their cousins. I will also try and avoid confrontation with my psycho SIL.

Have fun!

Jennifer
                        Needs

Comment

Heading out to the ILS after Tim get home from school. Before that we are looking at houses with the real estate agent. Then on Sunday, we look at more houses. Yikes!

We are going to use the IL babysitting service and see HP and the one about Truman Capote.

Don't feel bad if family doesn't get around to calling. My family has acknowledge my birthday only a couple times in the last decade. My mom didn't even mention it yesterday when I called to see what she was doing for TG because MIL said to ask her if she wasn't busy. My birthday was Monday.

Comment

Another Scorpio? Well for sure another November birthday! Happy Birthday from one of the clan.

There sure are a lot of us whose parents got inspired around Valentine's Day!

Jenn

Comment

There's definitely a Scorpio thing going on around here. Do you think we are attracted to the challenge of being married to a doctor? Or do we just like the mystery of internet connections? Eerie........

We're in CT with DH's family. We stopped by Boston on the way. It was bittersweet. Great to see our old friends, but my nine year old ended up crying for an hour and telling us how miserable he is in Ohio. His best buddy is still in Boston and he hasn't made a decent friend in over a year at his new school. So.......that's stressful. Thanksgiving should be delicious. DH's mom is a gourmet cooking teacher and cookbook author. She also tends to overestimate food amounts, so all the better. I'll be two sizes bigger by Saturday.
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X