Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Why I Hate Medicine, Part 6,978,546

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Hate Medicine, Part 6,978,546

So....

In what can only be described as assholelike behavior, the civilians who do the scheduling scheduled the child neurology residents and fellows with a full day of appointments. OK, fine- but none of the adult residents/fellows had more than two afternoon appointments today.

So, it's now 8:07, my husband is STILL at work- it's going to start sleeting soon, we got rid of the car that does well in bad weather, and we were supposed to bring breakfast for the entire family- tonight, to my parents. (Where we were also supposed to have a lovely meal with most of my relatives.)

Christmas-no biggie, not religious, kid is too little, big fat PITA- haven't had a tree up in five years (I order myself a tree-shaped flower arrangement from 1800flowers). Easter- more of the above. Halloween- has completely gone from a fun holiday to a PITA. St. Patrick's Day- Not since college.

Thanksgiving is IT for me. My favorite holiday, with my favorite foods, at my favorite time of year and ONCE AGAIN, f-ing medicine has if not outright ruined it, at least put a HUGE damper on things.

Of course, the fact that the notes that he HAD to finish will still be there on Sunday, isn't exactly endearing my husband to me right now either. and WHY MUST HE CALL PATIENTS on Thanksgiving Eve? No one is HOME. Notes? Do them all day Sunday, it's not like he watches football anyway.

This, after he woke up late, had to iron his uniform, couldn't find his combat boots and then remembered that he left them at the hospital- so had to go rifling through the closet looking for his winter pair- which weren't in the closet because he puts nothing away- which meant that I had to wake up to remind him that he left them in the hallway last winter and I threw them in the hall closet after tripping over them 20 gazillion times.

Men, Holidays, Medicine. May they all rot.

Jenn

That sucks Jenn, I 'm sorry. BUT your post did make me laugh. Have you considered being a comedy writer?
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Suck. Sorry. I hope you make it to your parents house.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Are you sure you counted parts right?

It (all 3 things) does suck. T-Day has always been a biggie for me, too (I'm a fan of most anything involving mashed potatoes and gravy).

Be sure to make it to your mom's in time for cocktail hour. That's when I'm meeting you there - remember?

Comment

Errg. Chiming in late here but a big sympathic GROAN goes out to you.

Hang in there. Do I hear a bubble bath in your future????

:@
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

We love you Jenn.
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Amen to everyone. I hope you're day turned out well in the end. After all the stress, everyone deserves to keep their favorite holiday sacred. for you and to the man doing notes on Wednesday night.....
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                X