Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

AAAUUGGHH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAUUGGHH

Can someone please explain to me how I just got yelled at for wanting to use MY own computer???
    I'm sorry that the internet is not working on your laptop and you want to listen to some show online from NPR but what gives you the idea that it's ok to come over, ask to borrow my computer for a minute (when I'm already online), and then once I walk into the kitchen unplug the internet cord from my computer and start dragging it across the house into the bedroom so you can attach it to your laptop!!! Yes I understand that I suggested that you try and see if the modem will reach into the bedroom since the wireless internet isn't working...However, I DIDN'T MEAN THIS SECOND. I understand that you have finals next week and are stressed out but excuse me for asking to finish what I was doing on the internet (which BTW was buying YOUR sister her BDay present) before you go unplugging my computer and taking over the internet line!
    Just needed to get that off my chest.

God, aren't they insufferable sometimes?

The Dawkter mentality.

Jenn

PS- I gave up on handling any gifts or cards for his side of the family- if his mother doesn't get a present again, I just hadn HIM the phone. (unless he asks nicely, then I'll handle it)

Comment

We go through this too...and I'm loving the last two posts.

If I get on the computer in his office, he shrieks "off of my computer"....yes, I might break his new baby but if HE is too lazy to go and turn his on, there he is surfing on my laptop. If I mention that it is 'my' laptop, he insists that he 'just needs a minute'...yah, right!

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I like the password idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

OH MY GOD! DF Does the same exact thing Kris!!!! If I ask to look something up on his laptop he tells me to go turn on my own computer but then I come home from work and lo and behold guess who's been on my computer because he didn't feel like turning his on.

Comment

Infuriating, isn't it? DH is really possessive now of his new plasma tv. This was his big gift to 'our family' (read=gift to himself) after getting his production bonus this year.

It's hanging on the wall in our family room and none of us are allowed to touch it. He doesn't even want us watching it during the day in case we accidentally burn an image into the screen or some such crap. He bought me a $25 wal-mart mini-tv for the kitchen so that I have something to watch. riiiiiiiight.

Little does he know, I figured out all of the buttons and remotes and watch his beloved tv during the day when he isn't there. :>

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Fantastic, that sounds EXACTLY like something I would do! UGGh boys. What is it with them and being so possessive about people touching their things. I wouldn't mind but I have not broken any piece of electronic equipment I own. Meanwhile this is his 3rd computer in the 4 years I have known him. Something about him and electronics just don't get along. But clearly I shouldn't touch his things.

Comment

Working...
              X