Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Project Runway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Runway

Okay - who watched it last night? What did you think?

I did not like the "tryout recap" w/the season 1 folks - it seemed too contrived to me. But it looks like they got a good mix of personalities again, and I plan to continue watching.

Ummm...what are you talking about?

Comment

It's a show on Bravo (my favorite channel in all the world). I thought the premise sounded stupid last year, but then I fell in love.

Taken from the Bravo website:

Eager to give aspiring designers a chance to break into the notoriously difficult-to-crack fashion world, supermodel Heidi Klum will once again head a panel of industry luminaries, including top women's and men's wear designer Michael Kors and Elle Magazine fashion director Nina Garcia, who will serve as judges and industry mentors charged with selecting and molding the budding designers. There will also be guest judges each week based on the specific challenge. Tim Gunn, Chair of the Parsons The New School For Design, will return to guide the contestants through each of their challenges.
      I'm not usually a "reality" show fan, but I like this one b/c the people are judged on actual output of something, rather than political, backstabbing bulls*.

Comment

Back in the expanded cable heydey at our house, I do remember seeing an episode. It looked interesting.

Comment

That's my favorite show! I love forming an opinion about the designs and then seeing if the judges agreed with my opinions.

I kind of thought it would be one of those reality shows where they could never recapture in the second season what worked in the first season, but so far I think the second season is off to a really good start--I really liked the first two challenges and that they were different than any of the challenges of season 1, and the quality of their applicant pool doesn't seem to have tanked yet.

And I love reality shows where they're showing people sort of put their professional aspirations out there and grow in their skills throughout the course of the show and you can watch that happening--the more sincere, the better. I thought season 1 of The Apprentice was like that before that show turned to crap, and to a degree America's Next Top Model was like that at first, although that one has declined in quality, too. These things have a short half-life, unfortunately.

I could live without all the "personality issues" and how every reality show needs a "villian" now, but I really like watching them create and succeed.

Also I love Tim Gunn--everyone should be so lucky to have such good mentoring. His blog on the Bravo website gives a nice analysis of each of the dresses, too, which is helpful when I have no idea why the judges liked an ugly dress.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Thank you Julie! It's so nice to have someone else validate my love of that show. I always cringe to say there is a "reality" show I love - but I really do! I'll check out Tim Gunn's blog -- he is GREAT.

I was in love with Jay at the end of last season, but everything I've seen with him since he's turned really arrogant. I hope it's a "show" and he's kind of mocking the beast, so to speak, but I don't know.

Comment

Working...
            X