Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I HOPE this never happens again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HOPE this never happens again!

As an update to my earlier thread where I posted about having my husband's help when my oldest came down with the flu.....

The younger two boys started puking at about 12:45 a.m. this morning, continuing through the night, AND our furnace is totally broken AND it is 12 degrees outside and about 58 in here, AND we had a record-breaking snowfall here yesterday AND today is DH's last day off before Christmas, so we had planned to spend the day finishing our Christmas shopping.....obviously, that won't happen now.

So is this the payback for having had DH's help on Wednesday? Next time, I will take care of things myself!!!!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Oh Sally!!!

Is everybody better now? I hope you get someone out to fix your heater. Stay under the blankets until then......

Maybe you can do your shopping online? :chat:

That stinks about DH's schedule. Did he get Thanksgiving off at least? My dad started his own practice -- my mom said it was worse that residency. I hope things are better these days. Your call schedule sounds pretty rough.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Oh, no! I'm so sorry. that just stinks.

Hang in there! Are the kids feeling any better?

Yeah...what is up with furnaces around here? Ours is acting up again.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Nathan (4) is acting like nothing ever happened and is outside "helping" DH shovel. He threw up lots more in the night, though. Joel (7) is still looking pretty bad, and threw up again after having ice chips. DH and I are completely wrecked after no sleep, and neither of us feels great, but we're hoping it is due to being tired and not that we are next! Surely we would have gotten sick by now, right?

The furnace guy has been here and gave us a temporary fix.....he will be back with a new motor of some kind which *should* fix it permanently. Thank God for home warranties (we have learned to insist on them by this point) because we are already up to a $500+ repair, and he isn't done yet! Our cost will only be $75 and the warranty company will pay the rest.

Luke, who is totally recovered, has a church activity tonight for which I agreed to provide food and drink, and also to stick around and help with. I was going to make some meatballs in the crock-pot, so I need to get going on that.....I'm using frozen ready-made meatballs, so hopefully even if the worst happens and I end up sick, no one will get sick from eating them.

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Yuck! Sorry to hear about your distressing circumstances!
            We were just out shovelling (inbetween trying to get the baby to stay out of the street) in the sleet. At least it tired the baby out so now he's napping.

I hope your furnace feels better soon. They're pretty tempermental. We don't have a home warranty, but I definitely keep a service contract going with the oil company.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear your other boys are sick now, at least it sounds like it is a relatively short-lived illness?? I hope you and your dh don't get sick as well. And the furnace problem is just icing on the cake, that really sucks. I have never thought about home warranties, but I'll file that little tidbit away.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

What a crappy day, Sally!

I hope things get better AND that you and your husband don't get this illness as badly as the boys did!

Jennifer
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

That is awful. Hope you don't get it. My furnace died last winter!!
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sally,

I sure hope you don’t get sick too!! It just sucks when things happen in clumps – when it rains it pours - or drops record snowfall in your case. Glad the kids are on the upswing.

We're using sheer will to keep our furnace alive through the winter. When it starts acting funny we give it very nasty looks.

Comment

Oh Sally, what a nasty day! I am crossing my fingers that you and DH don't catch it. And of all days to have your furnace die...ours did that last winter(in our home built in 2001 ). It ended up being the blower. And of course, this summer we lost our a/c for two weeks because something else in the furnace went. Good call on the warranty! I never would have thought of that.

Hope everyone is healthy soon!!

Comment

Sally, I'm hoping that your family has been through the worst of it as far as the illness goes and that your furnace will soon be fixed for good. At least you have a silver lining...the warranty! I'm sorry that your husband's last day off was a waste. Maybe you can wrap up your Christmas shopping via the internet...then at least you won't have to deal with the snow.

Comment

trying to find that silver lining...Perhaps you guys have met your crappy experience quota for awhile? Hey, I'm digging deep here.

Get well soon, little dudes.

kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                          X