Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pam,
    I want to know about the sake martini please share!!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I have to have my coffee every morning. I have a press and make that everyday. However, I found something in Crate and Barrell for making stovetop lattes. I have been drooling over that for the past 6 months or so.

Every night DH and I sit down and have hot tea together. He always has peppermint with honey. I have chai, white/green/black tea. I love these evening routines! Okay, when he is on overnight call we can't... And that seems to be just about every other day now!

If I drink beer it is microbrew. However, we do not drink much. One of my friends from college days owns a microbrewery and I certainly learned about good brews! Now I like wine, but don't know enough how to judge them. I am trying get to know wines better.

We drink good rootbeer on pizza nights (every Friday night I make homemade pizza and we rent a movie). Other than that we don't drink any soda (or a very rare soda).

Comment

Re: Drink what?

Originally posted by atzbanite
        I am a major tea snob, my current fav's being Margaret’s Hope Darjeeling and a really nice Green Dragon Oolong. I do the whole 9 yards, the exact water temperature, brewing time, implements. I think I like it because it's a meditative break from everything. and Ahhhh the fragrance....

That being snobbishly said, I loooooove my cup of coffee, expensive, strong, with everything.This is going to sound bad, but I really like Champaign as a casual drink. Not the expensive stuff of course. There's a brand called Christalino, which is IMHO the best cheap Champaign out there. When we both had real jobs we loved doin' the fine wine thing, but now we are doin' the box o' wine thing. We do always keep a bottle of really good single malt scotch on hand with some good VSOP brandy, medicinally of course.

I am also a Sake' drinker in cold, hot or martini form (a couple of olives and a touch of lemon). (Really, it's good!)

The DH is a micro-brew man, although he likes red wine for the daily heart benefit. He also really likes martinis but he says they hit a little to fast for more than one.

Cheers!
        OMG PAM - ARE YOU MY TWIN?????????????????????????
        I was afraid to post on this thread simply bc I am also a major tea snob!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the rare, expensive teas and cringe at Lipton tea bags (aka floor sweepings~!)
        My current tea snob of choice is a chocolate orange pu-erh from Mighty Leaf. Here's a great description of this one:
        http://www.mightyleaf.com/product-loose.aspx?ID=659
        This site is also a great reference to learn about each tea, every tea description comes with the brewing process and time, health benefits, caffiene level, origin etc.
        Never boiling, filtered water and brewed the proper time! One of my favorite things to do is go to tea houses and try new teas! And of course, smell the really expensive ones that I hope to splurge on one day! I've read about teas that cost thousands of dollars per pound! WOW! Who'd a thought???

I CANT drink cheap coffee. I actually prefer to make my latte's at home with organic coffee and milk.
        Both my DH and I love, love sake - especially the unfiltered, sweet ones! In fact, I have been on the hunt for one for New Years!
        AND one of my favorite drinks is a Kier Royale - champagne and raspberry liquer!
        My DH is a microbrew freakazoid! In fact, I got him some Dead Guy Ale for Christmas! We visit microbrews in the area and when we travel.
        Since I live close to Napa, it's impossible to not be influenced by all the wine snobs in the area. I am always on the hunt for inexpensive, good wines. But I don't drink alcohol very often, maybe 1-2 times a week and usually 1 drink is enough for me.

Comment

Working...
        X