Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gifts for SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts for SO?

What's everyone getting their SO this year? (for whatever holiday you happen to celebrate) I have not a freakin' clue what to get DH. He has so few wants. I used to buy him spendy chocolates from France, but now that I am making chocolates I don't wanna. (not that mine are close to those yet ) I'm going to wade through Amazon looking for something, but this is getting harder every year.

Mission accomplished this afternoon. Bought him a shirt and tie for work. DD picked it out -- I hope he likes it!

Comment

No freaking clue. I'm thinking a basic serviceable bathrobe. He needs a bathrobe.

He wanted his parents, us, and his sis to go together to buy him a palm pilot because the school requires them in 2nd year, but MIL said it wasn't very festive and that was what FA was for. Here I thought it was for groceries LOL.

Comment

DH wants boring stuff this year like T-shirts and underwear. it looks like he will be getting lots of small things. I ordered him a mouse pad with our girls picture on it for work. I need some good ideas.

Jennifer
        Needs

Comment

A couple of DVDs and a flannel shirt (or two) that he pointed out at Penneys. So boring, I know. Christmas wipes up out every year, so we always save each other for last as far as present buying goes, and then end up with a ridiculously low amount to spend on each other. I wanted to get DH a gift certificate for a massage, but that is not in reach this year. Even with the kids, we kept it under $100 per kid, but it still adds up! DH's family does an exchange amongst the grown-ups, but everyone still buys for the kids and for MIL & FIL. My family......everyone buys for everyone, since I am the only one married (out of five children if you count my half-siblings) and my kids are the only grandchildren. So our list each year is pretty long, and each year we scramble to find the $$$$!
          I thought this year would be easier......maybe next year, after we are recovered from the expenses of moving!

Sally
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Apple iPod. Dh still prefers "toys" for Christmas.
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

In the past couple of years we have been going on trips in lieu of presents. At this point we already bought what we could afford and now only want things we'd be waiting a few years to get, and going away together gives us some time alone without fighting who's turn it is to take out the garbage.

Comment

I was at a loss until Saturday when dh and I went to a little store to buy a clock for our son. A huge piece of furniture caught our eye (I don't know if it is technically a huge bookcase, china cabinet, or what). It is probably 7 or 8 feet long and maybe 8 feet high or so, is black wood (weathered) with all glass sliding doors, 12 in all. The price was amazing so we decided to get it and let it be our present to each other. We really wanted to actually do a decent gift this year, since we haven't really done gifts of any sort for the last 7 years or so. We needed another piece of furniture in our tiny little house like we needed a hole in our heads, but it's nice to upgrade from the "hand me downs" our dining room is currently furnished with.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I got him two sweaters and am doing his taxes...

and I got him a Russian kid this Spring.

and I'm still planning on my 40th birthday trip, so I now have more money going directly into the savings account. (gotta love ingdirect- the interest is up to 3.75%. Not as much as the credit cards are charging but it's still something!)

Jenn

Comment

We agreed not to do gifts to each other this year. Such romantics we are!
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

He gets me here with the kids. That's enough. I get him here with me and the kids for A WHOLE WEEK!!

Okay, so he has to take Step III that week, and his parents are putting a damper on things by flying in Christmas night, but he gets the whole week off before Christmas, and I will love it. Starting the 26th, I will be a bitter shrew once again as he starts Q2 call and his parents are here to torment me. All the residents here get either the week up to and including Christmas or the week after including New Years. We got Christmas. Most of the residents want New Years. We don't drink or party really, and we have kids, so it was easy for us to take the "less desirable" week.

I have about a million things I want to do that week. Where to begin?

Is this me with happy news?? WHAT??
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by hlj25950
                        Starting the 26th, I will be a bitter shrew once again as he starts Q2 call and his parents are here to torment me.
                        Oh, that is very bad.

Get every ounce of enjoyment you can from the week prior!

Comment

Well, DH decided back in the spring that he had to have a very $$$ home theater surround sound system, so we decided that that would be his birthday/Christmas presents this year.

I felt bad about not having anything for him for Christmas though, so he'll also get a sweater and his firstborn son.
                          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

When I asked DH what he wanted for Christmas, he told me that all he wanted was a new Gillette razor. I was planning on getting him a new pocket pc since the one he has is starting to wear out, but we just found out that his group will reimburse him for a new one so now I am scrambling to come up with another idea. He's been dying to get new Craftsman tools, so I think I might get him a gift card for Sears.

Comment

I got him a really nice dress watch. Its kind of boring, I think, but he definitely needed one, especially with all the interviews he is/has been doing. I also want to paint something and have it framed for him, if I have time. Since I already got him a watch, his gift of art is at the end of the list. I still have to finish two paintings for other people.

Comment

Working...
                              X