Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Preparing for the future lifestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won't go nuts but there are definitely some things that we will afford ourselves when he is done. Of course by the time 2011-2012 rolls around healthcare could be completely different so who knows!

-A cleaning lady is a must.
    -A babysitter on a regular basis so we can enjoy nights out but not a nanny-I don't want someone else raising my children.
    -New furniture, specifically a new bedroom set what we have now is peice meal
    -Travel! We haven't taken a real vacation since our honeymoon and probably won't until he's done. He'll be done in 2011 and the olympics are in London in 2012, I've told him we're going, no exceptions!
    -A new house, that is what we want, not what someone else wanted when they built it
    -A new wardrobe for all of us.

I too recently bought a Dyson, LOVE IT! It is definitely worth EVERY penny. I got the DC14 since my little dog's hair is so small and hard to see and its FABULOUS.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Imagine that, I thought of more. I would love to have a babysitter at least once a month to watch the kids while we do something FUN and not an obligatory event.
      And I will have twice as many pairs of shoes.

Comment

I would love to have a personal trainer. I can't wait until that can become a reality. I also agree with the cleaning lady...I don't want to look at another toilet.
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Cracking up out here too!!!!

I want to have a comfortable, matching house that looks GREAT, a cleaning service, some new clothes, and....well that's enough for now.

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm sure that the following will reveal what a vain and miserly troll I am, but here goes:

-This trainign process has revealed to me that financial security is an important facet of my well being. I look forward to investing on a larger scale someday. I want cash in the bank, in the market, and in real estate.
            -Just for kicks, I want enough money to pay for a sitter every Saturday morning to join the local running or tri group and all the nickel and dime stuff that these hobbies have.
            -Breast lift and enhancement so that my nips are somewhere around my collar bone. (Down girls!)
            -Money to travel the world over.
            -Money to shop at the chic-chic grocery store with all the best products.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I probably won't get a housecleaner unless we have $ to burn. I am too much of a miser for this.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Oh, if we're getting into surgery stuff, I am SO getting my veins done. So many spider and varicose veins, and if there is anything that can be done for streachmarks, sign me up!

Comment

I hope that someday mine will have their own closet.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                    I hope that someday mine will have their own closet.
                    Ohhhh, I remember seeing an episode of "Cribs" a few years back of Mariah Carey's apt. She had this ginormous ROOM for her shoes. Fancy lit shelves, it was fabulous. There is no possible way she could actually wear all those shoes, but oh the chance to try...

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm thinking more along the lines of Karen's closet from Will & Grace. She has this gorgeous walk in closet (the size of my current apt) with a separate room for the shoes.

On one of the first episodes of Wife Swap (or whatever the Fox show is called), one of the women was a dawkter's wife from TX (I think he was a plastic surgeon). She had a separate closet for her bags, most of which were LV's. DH had to switch the channel because I was drooling so much and telling him he better make enough to get me one of those closets.

Comment

Working...
                        X