Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

well isn't that funny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well isn't that funny?

There are 16 or 17 Jennifers on this website, but the newest registered user is "Jennifer"!

None of us ever thought to use our first name b/c it's so stinkin' common!

Well, most of you might not find this funny, but I'm pretty sure there are 16 or 17 of us who will.

Okay, all y'all need to start using different spellings and nicknames.

Jen, Jenn, Jennifer, Jenni, Jenny, Jeni, Jen name, Jenn middle name, okay, my suggestions just ran out, y'all divy those up and think of more.

Comment

my fave in high school was Jene w/the long vowel thing over the 2nd e.

we were a creative bunch.

Comment

I think you all (all you Jennifers) need to come up with your own unique handle.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I noticed the new registered user "Jennifer" as well and thought "No fair!".

My user name used to be JenniferLR a couple of years ago (my post count would be about DOUBLE if my posts from that name were included under the Rapunzel nom de plume).

I think if everyone refers to me as Rapunzel that is the best way to distinguish me from the crowd of Jennifers running around here!

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Peeps could call me "jesher" - it was my nickname as a kid. I guess I could change my handle -- but would that screw everything up??

Comment

I was thinking of signatures, actually...

Comment

Jloreine- Loreine was my middle name prior to marriage. (now it's Martin but I went to high school with 3 Jennifer L. Martin's- and the other 2 were in the honor society...I was the anomoly) I so quickly changed my name when I got married the first time (nice normal all american but not common last name. and I kept it rather than go back to martin, figuring that there was no doubt a Jennifer L. Martin who wasn't going to pay her taxes or was going to rob a bank or something. But then I met Lt. Hussey. and what was a girl to do? Tell him that my first husband's last name was acceptable but that I didn't want to be a Hussey? So, I just jumped in with both feet and am proudly, Jenn The Hussey to many, many people.

and in a related story, my brother the strawberry blonde, blue eyed whitest of the white men tried to register his car in New Jersey. He was stopped by the NJ State Police at the counter because there was a felony warrant for Juan Martinez aka, Jonny Martinez aka John Martin. My brother just looked at the guy and said, "do I in any way resemble someone named Juan Martinez?" (Even the blonds from Spain have more melanin than my brother. He's so northern European that he's practically see-through) they didn't care, he had to call my mom in MD to have her Fed Ex his birth certificate so that he could prove that he was NOT Juan Martinez.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
                    Jloreine- Loreine was my middle name prior to marriage. (now it's Martin but I went to high school with 3 Jennifer L. Martin's- and the other 2 were in the honor society...I was the anomoly) I so quickly changed my name when I got married the first time (nice normal all american but not common last name. and I kept it rather than go back to martin, figuring that there was no doubt a Jennifer L. Martin who wasn't going to pay her taxes or was going to rob a bank or something. But then I met Lt. Hussey. and what was a girl to do? Tell him that my first husband's last name was acceptable but that I didn't want to be a Hussey? So, I just jumped in with both feet and am proudly, Jenn The Hussey to many, many people.

and in a related story, my brother the strawberry blonde, blue eyed whitest of the white men tried to register his car in New Jersey. He was stopped by the NJ State Police at the counter because there was a felony warrant for Juan Martinez aka, Jonny Martinez aka John Martin. My brother just looked at the guy and said, "do I in any way resemble someone named Juan Martinez?" (Even the blonds from Spain have more melanin than my brother. He's so northern European that he's practically see-through) they didn't care, he had to call my mom in MD to have her Fed Ex his birth certificate so that he could prove that he was NOT Juan Martinez.

Jenn
                    Wow. You need to write a book - "The Experiences of Jenn, the Hussey." I'm beginning to wonder why I have no stories, at least none that can hold a candle to the outlandish and just plain freaky stories that you have. A packed cat, dead bodies, warrants for your brother. I need to read the archives and see what else there is to remember. Honestly, if I didn't know better I would swear you were making this stuff up.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Rapunzel - I've often wondered why you chose Rapunzel as your screen name...does it have significance for you?

Comment

Working...
                      X