Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hey you!! NYC peeps....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey you!! NYC peeps....

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

O New York! I'll always love you, but I think we need to see other people. It's not you, it's me. I just can't handle all this uncertainty. I am in a place in my life where I need to be able to rely on you, to know that you'll really be there for me, and I just don't feel that I'm getting that from you. My needs are not being met in this relationship. I will miss you terribly--it was because of you that I really grew up and came into my own, and you have shaped many of the things that I like about myself today. But we're growing in different directions. You're truly very special and I wish you only happiness in the future, but I can't do this anymore.

Love,

Julie
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Seriously, though, my boss gave me and two other people a ride in from Brooklyn--thus meeting the 4-person minimum needed to drive through the tunnel. I lucked out. I feel terrible for those people who are getting screwed today--who are paid hourly and can't work, etc.

New York is such an intricate dance that I'm in awe and respect of all those days it does function--really it's amazing how everyone hits their cues and we're all doing our part and everything whizzes around and gets accomplished in such a small place. But in the time I've lived here, every couple of years there's a breakdown of the system (terrorist attack, blackout, transit strike) and that drives home what a sword of Damocles the whole thing is. It's wonderful and terrible how interdependent we are.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

I stayed late at work last night and took some stuff home in anticipation. Tried my best to get to work via Metro-North, which was a no go. Doing stuff I brought last night from home today and keeping in touch via email. For the life of me can't figure out how to check my voice mail.

NY is one of those things that you got to love it or leave it. So far I'm loving it. Sorry it didn't work out for you Julie.

Comment

Don't worry, it worked out like I planned, since it was never my intention to settle here permanently. For me it's just a place that is more compatible with my goals for my 20s than it is with my goals for my 30s and beyond. I love it and I'm leaving. It's been a good ride and I'll remember it fondly.

Comment

Working...
            X