Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday Ho Hum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Ho Hum

Tomorrow the days begin to get longer :ra:

I'm right there with you, Laura......overwhelmed. The guy that does music at our church had neck surgery, so I am planning the music part of the services until he is recovered. I did last Sunday's music, and have the Christmas Eve/Day services to do as well....this involves choosing the music, copying it for the singers and instrumentalists, and putting together PowerPoint of the words to the songs so that they can be projected to the congregation. I am directing the choir as well, and DH and I are singing Christmas Eve. I will be having Christmas dinner for 10 here following church on Sunday, and will have my aunt staying with me this weekend. My in-laws arrive on Tuesday the 27th and will stay through the 31st. I am hosting a caroling get-together for DH's practice (20 docs) tomorrow night, and only *5* people have RSVPed. The kids were out starting today and so getting anything done is like swimming through molasses. Most of my presents are wrapped, though, and I finally sent out the last of my cards today......I just have to keep on truckin'. *Note to self* learn to say no before next year!

The sad part is, I really love Christmas.....the music, the family time, the break from school schedules. I am hoping after this thing tomorrow night I will be able to relax a little and enjoy things this weekend.

Hang in there....sorry for the hijack! Maybe next year you, jlynnb, and I should schedule a spa day right before Christmas.....you know, next year when your husband is making the "big bucks"?

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Would it help to make a list and then check each item off as you go? I'm really not one to talk, as I've been totally slacking with my household duties, and have several Christmas-related tasks I can't seem to motivate myself to do. It does help me sometimes, though, to have a list posted on the fridge or somewhere visible, plus it gives me a sense of satisfaction and helps to motivate me more when I see things getting crossed off. Here's to a productive Thursday!!!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I think this is my least Christmas-y Christmas season on record. My husband has been gone for three weeks; it's all transit strike, transit strike, transit strike here; and all I can think about is how I can't decide where I want to live for the next 4 years.

Whew, if I can just get out of here and fly to Chicago tomorrow (pleeeease let the strike be over so I can get to the airport) it will cure me of a lot of things.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I hope everyone gets all their stuff done, gets out of town, etc.

:christmas:

Comment

Sally, just reading your post wore me out.

I can't seem to find any holiday spirit either. I finally got the kids off to bed, the house is a wreck and covered with dog hair, I have more baking to do...and here I sit on the internet in avoidance. And DH is on an overnight.

Julie, I hope you made your flight!!

Comment

Working...
            X