Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dyson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoover Steamvac.

That or rip out the carpets and put down some hard sufaces.

Comment

My carpet is less than 3 years old - but that doesn't mean it's stain-free. The people who lived here before us had 2 little boys and 2 dogs, we have 2 little boys, 1 dog and 1 husband (I guess they had a husband, too, but I can't comment on how messy he was). There are 3 major stains that have been created in just the 6 months we've lived here.

My neighbor has the Eureka steam vac -- and it did wonders on my carpeting. I'm hoping we can replace this carpet in a year or two with something a few shades darker. Off white carpet is just NOT for children.

Comment

Our carpet is ORIGINAL and our house will be 14 years old this year. For having six children under the age of six on it its actually in pretty good shape but this summer it has to go. We're hoping for something a little shaggier and softer than our current carpet. We'll probably stick with the off white though, I'll probably regret that decision once we have kids!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

So how does Dyson do on hardwoods? My regular vacuum just blows the cat hair around on the wood floors.

Comment

it does a lovely job on hardwoods (my entry way and kitchen are hardwood). Just switch to "bare floor" setting and go! It does a lovely job on EVERYTHING ... it's ... just ... amazing.

I like it better than I like my husband (tonight, anyway).

Comment

Jenn, you don't use the bare floor attachment? I never bothered to try just switching the thingie to bare floors. It's a pain in the arse as almost our entire house is tile or hardwood and a ton of area rugs...gotta keep switching back and forth.

Erica, it's great on hard floors! I've also got the Hoover FloorMate, which does a fair job with the wet scrub. Could be better though it beats using a mop any day.

Cheri, 6 under 6?! :thud:

Wow, four pages on vacuums.

Comment

I have not used the bare floor attachment yet - I agree, the attachments are the only downfall IMO. I've got to figure out which is best for the stairs.

Comment

Dagny, the six kids aren't mine! There have been two resident families that have lived here before us and each had three kids. For having six kids on it, it really is in good shape but the stairs and main hallway are pretty bad and now our dog has put a few holes in it.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Ohhhhh, 6 kids between two families. Six kids under 6 yo would be a feat!

Comment

LOL, me too!
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by mom2three
                          Heidi, LOVE the new picture !
                          Thank you!! Again, I can make them for others if you want one. They can include whatever you want in them, and they don't have to include names or pics. Does anyone want me to make them a signature?
                          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks! I did it to achieve a laugh. This is like the 5th thread I was reading this morning, and I was getting bummed that no one had commented on it. (Pathetic and attention-seeking, I know).

This avatar moment might be similar to the time when dh (then boyfriend) and I were having a rocky time, and I covered his picture on my desk w/a picture of my cat. One of my co-workers came in and said "This doesn't bode well for J, that he's covered with a cat, does it??".

Comment

I love the avatar Jenn!

I have to vacuum this morning and I'm really not looking forward to being disappointed by our vacuum.

Comment

Working...
                                X