Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Time to take the tree down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to take the tree down?

I dunno...what do you guys think?

We had noticed that it wasn't taking up much water at all, but I didn't realize it was *that* bad. Every ornament I took off shook dozens of needles to the floor. We never got this particular species before, and I don't think we will be getting it again.

OMG Dude...you win a PRIZE. I thought ours was bad...I'm rolling on the floor here!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

You crack me up! Please let me know what kind of tree that is so I can be sure not to get the same kind next year!

Comment

Maybe you could trim it into a shape? I'm sure it still has a few months left in it!

Comment

Aw, c'mon Dagny! My mom left a "permanent" tree up for an entire year, and left a balled tree up until spring.

Great picture. Aren't you one of the Dyson owners? Thank goodness!

Comment

Wow, it turned into the Charlie Brown tree

For future reference, Frasier Firs can be up from Black Friday til Epiphany with minimal shedding.

Comment

How did you get the picture of our tree?
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We had a Frazer Fur this year and it was beautiful until hauled away in the garbage today!

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

I thought those were just shadows in the tree skirt at first, before realizing, no, those are pools of needles!
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Ha! That is a great pic!

Ours came down about two days after. It had issues about drinking, I was afraid that it was going to spontaneously combust!

Comment

Another reason I am the proud owner of a fake tree....

Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Es ist Wunderbar.

Anyone got a match? :camp:

Comment

On the tree note....you all remember The Battle of the Tree DH and I had last year? (For those who are new, we had a pre-lit tree sent to us via my MIL...DH put it up and I was grinchy and didn't want to, mainly cuz I knew that @#$(@* thing would never be taken down! Well, I think it finally came down in FEB OR MARCH!!!! Because I REFUSED to do it!!!!!)Naturally, being in CA and he in VA, there was no Battle. Alas, I could not provide the annual entertainment! Until next year, friends....!

Comment

Marla, I forgot about that! That was great!

Erica, I'm nearly positive it was a white spruce. The guy at the tree lot went on and on about how fragrant they were. I'm a sucker for stinky trees, but this one had almost no smell. (or needles!)

Tracy, your suggestion is duly noted!!

Comment

This picture brings back memories... I haven't had a tree since college (DH keeps reminding me each year that we're Jewish). Senior year I was living with a bunch of friends and we decided to get a small tree to go on top of our fridge. Well, let's just say that it didn't come down until graduation when we had to move out of the dorms. Come to think of it, may be that's why DH won't let me get one now.

Comment

Working...
                              X