Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

yeah, right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heidi, now that's what I call a laundry room.

Jenn, I'm jealous of Mathilda. This laundry room is about 2/3 of my apartment. And at least 3 times the size of our bedroom.

Comment

Heidi - I conceede. That is a FAR superior laundry room.

I think it was quite thoughtful and generous of us to give Mathilde and the other staff a place to sit and socialize. 8)

Comment

Hiccup...

Oh man I needed a laugh and not a moment too soon. These posts put tears in my eyes of the good kind!

Ironically, I had to explain to our realtor who will be selling our tiny condo (with the laundry in the basement behind the heater near a weird hole in the foundation) that we have been living like peasants for the last 4 years and gosh our house does not look like pottery barn. More like oriental eclectic with toys thrown in for color, bird seed for ambience and guinea pig smell for variety.

Mathilda interviewed, but she wouldn't take the job.

Comment

Our fashionable washer and dryer are located in the dungeon. We actually do have a nice washer/dryer (front-loaders in orange), but my basement is so scary that I'm afraid to go down there after dark.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Jacques the Limo Driver

Originally posted by jloreine
            Ummm, no need to be rude here, people. She has a name.

It's Mathilde. Damned Rude Dawkters Spouses....

She live in the cottage next to Sven and two doors away from Jacques, the limo driver...

Jenn

Jenn you made me burst out laughing.. Definately next to Jacques the limo driver. LOL
            Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

Heidi, that is the DYSON of laundry rooms!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferB
                Heidi, that is the DYSON of laundry rooms!!!!
                I wouldn't know, as I do not own one of these glorious machines.

Love the laundry room though. Dh was talking about how we could change it to make it better. Take the sink, move it to the island, which is dual heights, and have a lot more counter space.

I don't ask for much, do I?
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Resurrecting this thread...

Here's my laundry room. It's not as big as the 'dream room', but I like it. I took a picture through the doorway...so though you can see the cabinets and washers, you don't see the space behind it....we have a bathroom there and a closet for the cleaning supplies....as wells a a bench with drawers for mittens and a thing to hang coats on. There is a door at the end of the laundry room that goes out into the garage.

It's not perfect, but it was a real selling point for me with the house. I thought I'd use the counter space for folding (NOT...I do that in front of the TV)...insted it hosts Alex's 3 African Clawed Frogs and an assortment of collectibles and plants.

It needs to be painted a color too.....and..notice the dust etc on top of the washer

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, Annie. So true. Perhaps we should all post some photos of what we consider "dirty" and "clean". :! I can go pretty low. In fact, I am the limbo king of messy.
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Nice Kris! If I knew how to post photos I'd put a pic on of my lovely laundry room. It's really awful.
                        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
                          Nice Kris! If I knew how to post photos I'd put a pic on of my lovely laundry room. It's really awful.
                          Laughing only b/c I've seen it and it really is "dungeon-like" only b/c of they way the house is built. The floor is gravel, I think ....

Great washer and dryer, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                            Kris, this picture confirms all of my suspicions...you're full of it. Your house is clean and cute, cute, cute. You laundry room tells all. If you laundry room is that darn nice then I know the rest of your house is fabulous. You obviously have much higher standards than I do if you call that dusty and in need of paint. May you never see my laundry, um, closet. You would faint.
                            At least you girls have your own washer/dryers, we still shlepp our laundry 20 floors down (in a grocery cart) to the building laundry room. The ritual goes like this: we collect all our washable clothing and linens in two huge laundry bags in the corner of the bedroom for about a month, then squeeze both bags into the grocery cart and wheel the whole thing down stairs, load half of it and wait in line for the rest of the machines to become available, load the other half, transfer first half to the dryers, realize that one of them broke after eating about $2 in quarters, move wet clothes to another dryer, get hit on the head with dryer door in the process, repeat with second half of laundry, take everything out, fold, try to squeeze back into the cart, go home. The whole thing takes a few hours at least (depending on the line for the machines).

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
                              Kris, this picture confirms all of my suspicions...you're full of it. Your house is clean and cute, cute, cute. You laundry room tells all. If you laundry room is that darn nice then I know the rest of your house is fabulous. You obviously have much higher standards than I do if you call that dusty and in need of paint. May you never see my laundry, um, closet. You would faint.

just fyi.....I cleaned the laundry room for 30 minutes BEFORE I dared take a picture

Oh...and this is the room that I sweep everything from the living room, hallway, kitchen/dining room into if someone is on there way over. Then I shut the door. I literally...take a broom and sweep everything on the floor in there....God forbid if my guest needed to use the toilet! "ummm, sorry, it's broken"...and you KNOW they aren't going upstairs or downstairs to use the ones that they'd have to clean themselves before using. :>
                              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I am the queen of the "Flight of the Bumblebee Fluff and Stuff." Give me a 20 minute notice and my house will look gorgeous. Just don't open anything, you might kill yourself. People who don't give notice are in for a . Please just don't call the health inspector on me. It isn't filthy, just really messy!

Anyone who has knicknacks in their laundry room has a clean house, I'm telling you. I think Annie's right.
                                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X