Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Girl scout cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they made from REAL girlscouts?

Comment

Alas, I have no extra somoas. I have extra Thin Mints, Do-Si-Dos, Tagalongs, Cafe Cookies, and Trefoils sitting in my living room. Our troop needs to sell them by Jan 30th. They can be had for $3.00 a box and I'll supply the postage. PM me if you are really Jonesing and you have no Girl Scout connections. I can get anything you want until the end of January with a little effort. (Cookie Cupboards exist! Entire garages and barns filled with cookies! )

And, yes.....they are made with REAL girl scouts.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Speakiing of which - have you seen the Edys brand ice cream w/the girl scout cookies in it? The samoa one is TO DIE FOR.

They chop the girl scouts up into these tiny pieces ...

What? Too much?

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
          Entire garages and barns filled with cookies!
          That is my husbands idea of heaven!!
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I have a confession to make - I don't get cookies. I don't hate them, but I don't get what the big deal is. Everytime I say that, people give me a dirty look.

Comment

People do the same thing with my preference for pies over cake

Comment

Vishenka, your feelings about cookies perfectly describes my relationship with popcorn. I'm one of the few that doesn't really care for it. Now cookies, on the other hand, I have had a long love affair with. I used to buy place and bake cookies just for myself and bake up a batch while the kids were napping or down for the night. I didn't want to share them, even with my own flesh and blood.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Tracy, I LOVE pies. Cakes don't do much for me either, unless it's a cheesecake.

Comment

That's how I feel about chocolate.

Unless, of course, it's in cookie form. But straight chocolate I do not enjoy.

Stop throwing things at me!

Comment

I'm definitely a "birthday pie" girl, myself. In fact, I haven't had cake since I was old enough to ask for something else.

I'm completely indifferent about ice cream though. If we have it, I'll eat it but it's just not in my psyche to actually remember to buy the stuff.

In grad school (did I mention that graduate school was ridiculously easy and that I worked at a chocolate factory, lived with a French girl and we had chocolate and wine every night...) we had a theory that there were three kinds of snackers:

the salty/crunchies- chips, salsa, popcorn, crackers, etc.

the warm/mushies- the mashed potatoes, guacamole, refried beans people

and the sweets- cakes, cookies, pies.

Given those parameters, I'm definitely the salty crunchie snacker.

Jenn

Comment

Coffee is my thing I don't get.

When my niece was three or four, she was at a large backyard barbecue. She went up and took a big swig from a near-empty can of soda someone had abandoned earlier. Unbeknownst to her, someone had been using it as an ashtray in the meantime. She spit it out and declared indignantly, "There's coffee sand in there!!" I was glad to learn I wasn't the only one who thinks that coffee tastes like liquid cigarette ash.
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I like all 3 categories equally and combine all three into the same meal whenever possible. I'm a freaky eater.

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

I must be multiple personality then, because the things you've listed there would make a perfect meal for me. If I have the salty I need to have the sweet -- popcorn w/m & m's, pretzels w/chocolate. I prefer cookies and pies to cake, but I'll eat cake anyday.

This is how I maintain my shapely figure!

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

What do you call the person who is all three types of snackers? Or do I really want to know?

Angie -- is that cookie offer serious?

Comment

I'm definitely the salty/crunchy. Give me a large bag of cool ranch doritos and a carton of plain sour cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heaven, just add a large goblet of cold pinot grigio.
                                Luanne
                                Luanne
                                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                                X