Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the next Martha Stewart??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the next Martha Stewart??

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Yeah!!! Have FUN! My Martha Stewart sewing machine moment ended when we moved. My new 'baby' is still sitting in the garage waiting to be unpacked again.

I want pictures of that quilt!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Comment

I'm determined to learn how to knit and my grandmother is SOOOO excited.

I've never heard her so happy! Now, I need to find a class but they're all filled up.

Jenn

Comment

I am a big quilter. Or was. I used to quilt all the time prior to DD. I am hand quilting a double wedding ring for my sister right now. I have set myself a deadline of May- it is almost completely done- i have about 10 more blocks out of 50ish to quilt, then onto the binding. I wish I knew how to sew more than a straight line though. let us know how it goes!
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I can sew, that is about the extent of my talent right now. I would love to quilt, my grandmother made me this gorgeous quilt when I got married and I would love to be able to do the same thing for my kids someday. I can make scrub hats! That is about the only thing I have sewn since I got my machine a few years ago!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
              I can make scrub hats!
              I'll get my Christmas wish list out to you sometime next week. That was a dangerous thing to post, Cheri.

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Cool! I went so far as to go to WalMart last week but I wimped out on buying one. Let me know how easy(or hard!) it is. I bought fabric over Labor Day weekend for a duvet cover and have yet to get started.

I also had very ambitious plans to make all the window treatments in the house. Um, yeah. Like that's gonna happen.

Comment

I used to sew with my mom but have forgotten most of it. I can usually get DH to do all the button repairs and such. He sews all day!

As far as fabric and yarn arts go, I would really like to pick up knitting again. Wait....according to the SDN, isn't that a requirement to be here? :>

Comment

I can sew moderately well. I made mini slipcovers for my kids upholstered chairs b/c they'd gotten disgusting from drips and such. I sewed curtains in my old house, and a skirt from sari material for an event dh and I went to. The slipcovers were the easiest by far b/c I used stretchy chenille and so a straight line wasn't crucial.

I'm thinking of tackling curtains for this place, which has 13 windows on the 1st floor alone. (the photo there was taken in my old house).

WHY WAS I ABLE TO POST PICTURES AT ONE TIME IN MY LIFE AND I CAN'T ANYMORE??? WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG?? :c

Comment

Comment

Jenn, those are so cool!!!! Where did you get the fabric? I don't recall seeing a stretchy chenille at Hancocks. Crap, now I am getting the feeling that I need to do whole house window treatments again.

Your sari comment reminded me what I keep forgetting to ask...do you have any pics of your wedding dress? We went to a wedding last year where the bride wore the most incredible dusty rose colored sari.

Comment

Cool slipcovers!

Comment

Sewing doesn't really attract me but I used to knit and would like to pick it up again. I refused to in the past several years because the idea of sitting home alone with a cat and knitting was just too much.

Comment

We started a knitting club at work and a lot of the women get together to knit projects for the homeless in NYC (blankets and the such) and for family and friends.

I registered for a sewing machine for our wedding and at the last minute removed it I wish I had kept it on there. It would have been fun to do some projects even if they were all related to pillows and pillow cases.
                              Danielle
                              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                              X