Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Getting Organized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Organized

OK...my house is a pit...I'm a week behind on laundry...I haven't put pictures in my albums since last March...and I have so many things on my to-do list that I don't know where to start.

Any ideas on just getting STARTED? I know if I could find a starting point that I'd be able to get moving.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I finally accepted two things:

1) I suck at cleaning and rehired the maids

2) Laundry is done on the weekends. If a person needs something in particular, then that person can do a load. Otherwise, it's all done at once, all folded and all put away.

Jenn

PS- I guess the third thing is that I'd much rather be outside with Nikolai and Petey than cleaning inside but my OCD won't let me have too messy of a house...ergo, "Maid to Clean".

Comment

When I need to get really organized, I decide on the one project or room that is a must do in order to keep sane. When I had to do my pictures I invited DH and my siblings to help sort pictures by event and kept them in piles until I could put them into albums. It felt good to get it done.
      Danielle
      Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Make a huge, massive, overflowing list. It is actually freeing to right down everything you have to do. It (usually) doesn't seem like that much after you get it down on paper. Then, knock off one or two things a day. For big tasks - like the photos - break it down into smaller tasks.

As for the house, I agree with the group......hire a cleaning lady. Seriously, you deserve that much now. After you are well, you can go back to kicking yourself for not getting to the housework. For now, don't do it or hire it out. Dirt won't kill you. Besides, Leni will have more to do when she visits next time! (And, BTW ---why isn't that woman over scrubbing your house now that you have a justified reason to be a *ahem* leather butt?)
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I agree w/Angie. Hire a cleaning lady. You are in no condition to be cleaning, you need to save your energy for focusing on getting well.

Comment

Tara...isnt' that an awful feeling? I hate getting so far behind...and then I end up spinning my wheels in all areas.

I used to be so organized when I was in college. I had everything in a planner, to-do-lists that were actually typed ...then I got married and had children and my brain melted.

I'm going to sit down and start making my lists today! I must get organized.

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hire a cleaning lady and organize picture albums while she mops and does laundry. At least that's what I do. Also having extra sets of towels and sheets helps prolong laundry until we run out of underwear and/or socks (although we've been known to just buy more).

Comment

Ugh, Mitchill hasn't made it into the photo albums either, and there are two framed pics of him in the house--one at birth and the other at 5 months. I was trying to explain to the girls the other day why there are so many baby pics of Maya framed and so little of everybody else. Luckily, they all look like the same baby, so sometimes I lie and tell Sydney pictures of Maya are actually her. That is my big goal--to get updated with the pictures before the new baby comes. I've got hundreds of pictures on my hard drive that I've never had printed.
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                    X