Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Scrub Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub Hats

Since I've opened my big mouth I am happy to make scrub hats for anyone that would like one made for their DS. I have a very simple pattern and I can make them from just about anything. My DH's first one was made from a T-shirt. My pattern is very fitted, like this one: http://www.sassyscrubs.com/store.asp?pid=5466

What I need (per hat):
    1/2 yard 45 or 60" fabric
    1/2" Single Fold Bias Tape in a matching or contrast color
    Size of DS's head in inches

You guys can be my guinea pigs, I've only made a few but always wondered if there was a more of a business there. I'll get my DH to bring his home tonight and I'll post pictures.

PM and I'll send you my address so you can mail me your stuff, let me know when you need them too if they're for a birthday or holiday.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I've always wanted to make myself some of these....but with wide ties instead of velcro

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I agree the ties are better than the velcro, you can wear them tighter and they're not so size dependant.

Comment

sign me up. Thomas has a birthday in March...I'll pick out some fabric. Let me know how much you want for doing it! I'm more than happy to pay for your time.

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm not letting you guys pay me. I've only made two of these and while my DH gets a lot of compliments on them I'd rather make a few more before I start charging. They really don't take much time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
              I'm not letting you guys pay me. I've only made two of these and while my DH gets a lot of compliments on them I'd rather make a few more before I start charging. They really don't take much time at all.
              Wait unti the orders start rolling in...you might change your mind

Thanks for doing this!

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Here are the pics of the cap my DH wears until it absolutely has to be brought home and washed! I always wash his caps by hand with Woolite to prevent shrinking. DH's husband is 23 inches around. Let me know what your DS's measurements are so that I know how to adjust the pattern. You can see the picture of the back shows that the accent or matching "tape" that I mention. That is what you use to tie the cap.

Front:

Top:

Back:

My DH also likes his tight so if you want it more loose let me know that too!

Comment

I made a University Of Utah one for my hubby this year for Christmas too. He really liked it. Like Cheri Said, They aren't hard to make.

I'm not volunteering making them though, I will leave that up to her!

On the other hand, if anyone finds any cool fabric that kind of goes along with the orthopaedic surgery theme, please let me know! Mountain Dew fabric would be really cool too!
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Cheri, it's so generous of you to offer this service for free. I'd love to have one or two made for DH but need to figure out the fabric. Just not sure if I should try to match his green scrubs or his bright blue fanny pack.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I have a rule that he can wear anything he wants to/from and in the hospital. Plus apparently fanny packs are all the rage in anesthesia and you're not cool until you get one.

Comment

Working...
                        X