Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who did you wake up as?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did you wake up as?

Yesterday I woke up and had to become Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's a survival thing. When the day gets rough I put on the leather coat and boots and kick some butt. Sometimes it's Electra, half tough cookie half martyr. Some days I'm Queen Lattifa, all sparkling personality and spit and vinager, other unfortunate times I'm Ally McBeal. Once in a while I'm a buddhist nun, all peaceful and spiritual. Whatever's needed.

According to my DD, I'm the queen of Domino (Monico) and she's the princess. (of course her older sister is the servant..)

Lot's of times I'm the scullery maid and every once in a while, Mary Poppins. Some days I'm just too tired to tell.

Is it just me?

I wake up and I become 'Kris the crabby mom who has to get 3 kids out the door to school, get a toddler up and running and do it all while making coffee and tripping over the 3 baskets of folded laundry laying in the middle of the floor that I still haven't carried up the stairs.

Survival? I have tried to pretend someone important was coming to visit to motivate me to clean up...but usually I am unable to fool myself and just end up letting things go!

If I were going to 'become' someone though, I think I'd decide that I was Jennifer Aniston w/o a man sipping drinks on a beach in Tahiti........

Where IS my passport?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Someone who always wishes they could sleep for two more hours.
      Needs

Comment

OK, I'll play too. Sometimes I pretend I'm a supermodel when I'm dieting. It's the only way I can embrace eating plates of lettuce with lemon juice and sparkling water or serenely sipping mint tea when everyone else is tucking in to dessert. It would also help to be at a cafe in Rome. With Viggo or Colin Farrell (if I was in a bad boy stage). Hmmmm.. suddenly my diet is taking on new life.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Wow Angie --- I wish I could make that work in my head.

I suppose if I'm anyone, I'm Ally McBeal. I've been known to have various theme songs running through my head. The best was when I was REALLY ticked at dh (he may not have even been my husband yet), and while I was walking from the parking lot to our apartment I realized the "Wicked Witch of the West" theme was running through my head. It made me laugh so hard I stopped being mad.

Comment

Working...
          X