Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Survivor anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor anyone?

I'm into it. Now, I have to put it in my palm pilot so I don't miss an episode, sad I know. The new format was pretty cool and the people seem interesting.

I don't have any of their names committed to memory yet -- hmnn maybe another job for the palm. So, wanna bet who the first blow up will be between? My vote is for "smokey" -- the youngest of the "old boys" to go mano a mano with "kung fu master" the older asian guy (who yes, did make some references to martial arts in the show) who will order him around during an absolute nic fit.

I was a little creeped out by the supposed (not sure why I don't buy it) astronaut old boy. Hmmmnnnn....something says you can never trust someone who starts out on this show saying, "shhhhh... buddy---we'll never lie to each other, right?"

My favorite characters so far -- the young social worker (blunt and real) and the crafty rocket engineer (first to stay on exile). Yours?

My son and I watch it. I got hooked by naked Richard back in season one! I like the new format too. My son started watching with me two seasons ago and I think I've only continued watching because of his interest. It's good to change things up. I think the threat of the hidden immunity idol is going to change the politics.

I'm not sure about my favorites yet. I agree that asian guy and nicotine man are headed for trouble. I was sad to see the lumber jill go - if only because they did that whole bit on her son getting killed in a car accident 4 mos earlier. Yikes! First that, then you get voted off the island first thing? I feel guilty and I'm only in the audience.

Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Remember to tune in tonight.

Any prognostication concerning potential hook-ups during the course of the series?

My guesses for future pairings:

1) the girl who cried for mother turtle and the healing touch / yoga dude -
      and they don't double cross one another but provide some far-out
      comic relief

2) the "writer" dude who has a penchant for wearing his hat on backwards will hook up with one of the young girls (anyone except for the one above) and he will get burned somehow

Also, do you think it's likely that someone will really find the immunity idol, keep it quiet and then end up calling the engineer's bluff?

Comment

I did not get why Danielle took Aras to the final. I think that she would have won by far if she was up against Terry. Anyway, I pretty much didn't care who won... That's usually how it is, but I did find Terry to be particularly ridiculous.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I watched it. I didn't really care who won this season. I am a tv and reality tv junkie.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

DS and I watched it Monday (recorded). I was happy Aras won, but I really wanted to see Cirie. I liked her and I thought that would have been a different ending for a change. I'm a little tired of the youth and brawn always winning. Yawn. I would love a good ole' nekked Richard type character to come in and take it all. I thought Richard Hatch was a manipulative guy, but at least that was interesting. It's turned into a mostly a physical contest now. (DS likes it the way it is. I suppose that's because he's young and brawny. What does it say about me that I liked Cirie? )
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It should have been Terri!! Danielle would not have won either way (IMO). She didn't do anything. I would have liked to see Cirie and Terri in the final two. Terri being the physical survivor and Cirie being the mental survivor. Oh well, I wasn't in the running for the million so I won't stress too much about it.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Amazing Race finale tonight! You can bet that my kids will be in bed by 8.

Comment

Working...
                X