Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cool Thing - FYI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Thing - FYI

We bought the "protection" plan when we got our cell phones (roughly a year ago). I'm usually opposed to those things - but my kids often play w/my phone, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Well, I lost the phone the other day (I think Quinn stole it - but it's gone to me). DH wanted to use this as an opportunity to cancel our plans and get a Blackberry (to the tune of $150 / ea line -- just to cancel!), and while I was searching their site to find a cheaper way to upgrade I stumbled on a link to file a claim. I never thought they'd cover a loss - but I was wrong. After a $50 deductible, I've got the same phone in my hot little hands, 2 days later!

A service plan that was actually worth it!

Maybe your phone is hanging out with my phone... I unfortunately did not have the foresight to purchase any type of warranty. I'm very skeptical of those, though it sounds like they have a purpose.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I have the warranty, and have replaced three phones so far (all for Caroline!!!).
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Update:

The phone they sent me was crap - the battery and / or phone couldn't hold a charge. I finally hauled my butt to an actual Sprint store today, had to leave it for an hour (so they could try to charge it b/c clearly I might be doing it wrong). I was irritated ... until I returned to find my brand-new-way-cooler-PHONE! They couldn't fix it, so they had to give me a new one -- no charge.

I've spent the better part of the evening playing with it.

Comment

I know - it's crazy. When I was sitting at Midway *hoping* to catch a glimpse of my friend I was planning to split a cab with it NEVER occurred to me to find / use a pay phone. I just hopped a cab by myself.

My parents had a rotary phone they rented from the phone company. They probably paid for that phone 100 times over. We didn't get rid of it until the late '80's.

T.V.'s with knobs?? 4 channels? Craziness!

Comment

We have an Edison cylinder phonograph. That was fun to explain

Comment

Working...
            X