Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm supposed to be painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm supposed to be painting

But the thrill has worn off. I have to get my butt in gear, or my kitchen will be two-toned forever (DH would leave it that way just to mess with me).

Every time I get down to move the ladder, I stop, get a drink, and hop online "just to check in" .... especially with all of the hot goings on today.

Oh - and I borrowed my neighbors ladder ... and I swear it is the CLEANEST ladder I've ever seen. I'm ultra nervous about getting paint on it (which is kind of what happens). They're really cool - and I'm sure they'd never care ... it's just .... so ..... clean!

I'd love to pitch in and help- I actually have contemplated leaving the advocacy world behind and opening a painting company.

I actually really like to paint. As evidenced by the fact that every single time I move I have just finished painting my house to the perfect OCD standards that I have.

Get on with it, I promise that we'll maintain some semblence of order until your kitchen is done. (and I'm also impressed with the only getting the paint at RH- you're a stronger woman than I)

J.

Comment

I made it a whole hour between "peeks".

How pathetic. It doesn't help that the computer is in my kitchen - always on, oh-so-handy for a "quick peek".

I'm moving onto rolling, though - which should help me focus and feel like I'm getting more accomplished.

Comment

Next time I see you online I will call you and tell you to get back to work. Would it help to turn the computer off? Sometimes if I have stuff to do I shut it down so that I won't be tempted. Visualize no more bright yellow paint!!!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I'm done - with my part anyway. All I've left for dh is some very high stuff and the section under my desk.

Bye bye yellow paint!!! Good riddance!

Now to get this kitchen cleaned up ....

Comment

You did it!

Can we see the results?

Comment

Yep - once the kitchen is cleaned up. '

Love your chicken avatar BTW. Are those YOUR chickens?

Comment

Yup, those are my chickens! And that's the official chicken burying shovel right behind them.

Thanks to Dagny for helping me with the avatar.

Comment

You crack me up..it's the exact thing that I ended up doing with my yellow paint..but your beige color (didn't I see a beige posted earlier somewhere?) was much classier than the one I chose.

I bet it looks great. I can't wait to see the 'after' picture!!!

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

PS...isn't technology awful sometimes? I've been online 1/2 the day...and I have so much on my to-do list.

kris

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                      And that's the official chicken burying shovel right behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                        Originally posted by nmh
                        And that's the official chicken burying shovel right behind them.
                        That's how I keep 'em in line.

Comment

An interesting approach...I wonder if they have the official husband burying shovels that can be bought too? :>

Comment

Sorry for the hijack, Jenn.

Kris, they really did seem a little leery of the shovel after I buried one. But it has lost all meaning now (just in case you didn't know I was joking ).

Comment

Hijack away! It was funny.

I'd noticed the shovel in the background and thought it was another chicken .... I guess it's the city girl in me.

Remember, when we moved here and I drove past some cows, Quinn said "look! Dogs!"

Comment

Working...
                              X