Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How about the weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about the weather?

Anyone else due to get slammed this weekend? I think DC to Maine is gonna get a whopper.

(about time, I'm just not happy with 50 degree days in January. I need a reason to wear my Russian hat!)

Jenn

I'm going to try to do all my errands tomorrow, so I don't have to slog through the snow with groceries on Sunday. Yikes.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Scattered flurries all weekend.

I'm ready for Spring, to be honest...and the winter hasn't even been bad...I just want to work in the garden already!!!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

From what they're saying, if you live anywhere on the 95 corridor from DC north, you're gonna be slammed from tomorrow afternoon through Sunday morning.

Yay!

and I LOVE my Russian hat. It's grey mink. It's soft and warm. and when I got it, we were in Siberia so I'm not pro-fur, I'm pro-staying warm in Russsia!

Jenn

Comment

We've had -- count them -- three FULL days of sun. It's supposed to continue into the weekend.

HIP HIP HORRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

It has been DRY since Sunday! And sunny every day but Wednesday this week!

:ra:

Comment

Comment

I love that-- a Maryland snow. Where I lived before Maryland was not a very snowy area at all, but they never ever had a snow day. We regularly had 5 to 7 inches of snow, but no snow days... Here they say it may snow and everyone is totally spazzzzing out... I did not get it for the first couple of years, but now I think I do-- It's because on a perfect day there are a whole bunch of accidents on the beltway, and in any kind of inclement weather people actually have left their cars on the beltway... What a total mess...

My kids are excited. Glad I didn't put away all the snow gear last week- but I was tempted!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Comment

As a DC native, I can tell you that the biggest issue is that no one is actually from here. We have the people from the south who are terrified, the people from the north and midwest who are fearless and far too many people who think SUVs don't slide on ice. and then they all convene on the Beltway.

That's why we who are from here stay the heck indoors. (Actually I think we're going ice skating tomorrow on the Mall- the Sculpture Garden fountain gets an ice rink in the winter)

and the grocery store thing is actually a pretty funny response, it's a joke in these parts because everyone does it- go to the store and buy toilet paper and water...

Jenn

Comment

I hope it doesn't snow tomorrow! My mom is supposed to come and stay over so DH and I can go to Ithaca for dinner & a movie.

I never got the grocery store thing either.

Comment

Snow tomorrow is fine with me.
                          yeah, the SUV and ice thing is irritating.
                          It would actualy make things feel warmer here.

Comment

I hate snow, we are supposed to get 10 to 12 inches. Dagny have a great dinner, where are you going? . I absolutely loved the Mooswood restaurant and I have most of their cookbooks.
                            Luanne

p.s. I hate cold, I am all for global warming!
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Forcasts of snow would sent Richmonders to Ukrops (local supermarket chain) for bread, milk and beer.

Actual flakes would mean empty shelves not just at Ukrops, but Kroger and Food Lion as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X