Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ugh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh...

I am sick with what my boys have had for the past week or so. My chest hurts when I breathe and even more when I cough. I have chills and feel so tired....even too tired to play games online, so I know it is serious!

I know I am such a baby, but whenever I get sick I *so* wish that I could just .....be sick, you know, and stay in bed, instead of trying to do (poorly) everything I usually do. I am already dreading going to get the boys from school (the older two) and it is still 3 hours away.

whine, whine, whine.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Re: Ugh...

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm sorry, Sally.

There has been a nasty bug going around our house too. I know exactly what you mean about crawling in bed versus making half-assed attempts to keep things going. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Re: Ugh...

Originally posted by mommax3
        I know I am such a baby, but whenever I get sick I *so* wish that I could just .....be sick, you know, and stay in bed, instead of trying to do (poorly) everything I usually do. Sally
        I don't think that's baby-ish! Everyone else gets to slow down and rest when they're sick -- except for moms! Rest when you can and feel better soon.

The collar is reserved for chronic whiners, BTW.

Comment

Get well soon, Sally!

I hear ya. We moms can't get sick, can we?

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Tara, I like the way you think!

Comment

I wish I could just be sick when I'm sick too.

ERRG!!!! I feel your pain!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Feel better soon Sally!!!
                Tara, I'm filing that one away. I think even at 6 and 4, my girls could be awfully helpful to have around when I'm not feeling well. They'd probably get a kick out of staying home with a sick mom, actually!
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

So sorry Sally. I hope you feel better soon.

There is a woman here that I've run into at the school each day. She's been sick for a few weeks. She went to the doctor yesterday. She has pneummonia. The doctor told her she should be on "complete bed rest" for few days till the antibiotics kick in. We both got a little laugh about that.....but I did tell her to take it as easy as she could.
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Sally, I hope you are feeling better soon. NOthing is worse than feeling sick and not being able to rest! I wake up every day lately wishing I could stay in bed and rest. I know how you feel.

Jennifer
                    Needs

Comment

Working...
                    X