Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How do you procrastinate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you procrastinate?

Alright..spill it...how do you procrastinate? I have an article that I'm trying to finish as well as something else that I'm 'supposed' to be writing today Result? I have played Spider Solitaire, browsed the web, played with the new software for the main website (actually, even doing the whole software upgrade at this time is a larger part of the whole procrastination issue!) and have even (don't anyone have a heart attack) cleaned my kitchen.

How do you procrastinate?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I am supposed to be typing right now. Stupid job, but that's a whole other post.

I play Hand N' Foot games on my computer (a game for 4 people that I play against 3 computer players - sad). I look for software, music, and videos on morpheus. I look on here all day, but have no inspiration to post much of anything. I look on my Jan98 moms site with much of the same gusto. I surf. I just go through my links toolbar one at a time, over and over. I eat. I do the bear cha cha cha with my daughter. I watch Tivo.

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

uuuh...?

Comment

Our house desperately needs to be vacuumed. I want to replace our vacuum, so I've been using that as en excuse to put off vacuuming...after all, why spend time vacuuming with the old one when I could wait and vacuum with a new one??

Comment

If I have a deadline for school, or if I have to pay bills I will even clean my house to avoid the reality of bills, etc. Otherwise my house is a mess. I check in here frequently if I am "working from home"
          .Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I check in here. I play Rocket Mania on yahoo games. I play Snood. I go to other sites that I have bookmarked. I surf.

Away from the computer......I read books from the library and magazines. Sometimes I watch tv, but not too often.

I manage to waste quite a bit of time!!!!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Come here, play mah jong on the computer...

Away from the computer, I can find excuses to walk outside for anything. Ooops, got to get a half gallon of milk? Why not walk to the grocery store by way of the Lincoln Memorial....

Ii used to do counted cross stitch but have accepted the fact that I will never finish any of my projects and refise to start anymore.

Jenn

Comment

I'm kind of lazy, so procrastination manifests itself in many ways. I check this site and my 2 e-mail accounts. I look at CNN.com and weather.com, as well as a local AM radio news station's site. I know it's bad when I resort to looking on Craig's List for used furniture.

Away from the computer, I snuggle up with kitty and either read or look for something halfway decent on TV. Sometimes I'll stay over at SO's apartment so I don't have to be surrounded by the unfinished projects in my house. He's a wicked procrastinator too.

Comment

If I am really desperate I got to Babycenter.com

Comment

Ummmm ..

this site, watching clips of "The Daily Show" on comedycentral.com, talking on the phone, watching TiVo'd episodes of The West Wing for the nth time ("The Supremes" is my favorite).

Did I mention this site?

Comment

Working...
                    X