Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vishenka on Accessories :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vishenka on Accessories :)

I am going to a fundraiser dinner-dance-silent auction next week. It's themed "Paint the Town Red" and you are supposed to where something red. Many of the women I know aren't wearing red dresses, so I'd like to stick with a black cocktail dress that I already own. It fits, it looks good, why mess with success? So....how do I work the red angle? Some people are doing red shoes, but I really don't want people looking at my feet. Not my best feature. Do you have any ideas? The dress is sleevless with a v-neck and a swingy skirt above the knee. It's fitted through the middle.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

I know I'm not Vishenka, but how about some dangly, very sparkly red stone earrings?

Such as...

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

love the first ones!!!

Maybe a bracelett in the same stones or a black and red evening bag?

Comment

Wish I were there Angie - Hindu=Red ... I've got TONS of red jewels you could use. Do you have any Indian friends?? Seriously - those folks know how to accessorize.

Another thought - since your dress is sleeveless - how 'bout a red shrug or wrap?

Comment

Thanks guys! I hadn't even considered the jewelry! I love them all! I think a shrug would be cool if I could find one. I have a silky red shawl, but it would most likely just end up under my chair. It always slides off unless you are actively holding it around you. I don't know if it would serve the purpose of adding red very well if I'm not wearing it. Any ideas of where to shop for this stuff? (Where's you get the photos? )
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I'd hit the local department stores...especially at a high end mall. Proms and wedding season bring out some great jewelery...
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Angie, I would suggest going with coral accessories. Coral is a lot more versatile than rubies or garnets and can be worn with cocktail dresses or jeans. Plus, since the dress if fitted through the middle, you can also add a red ribbon as a belt (make sure to match the red to the shade of other accessories). Painting your nails red, as well as wearing red lipstick are also great ways to work red into the outfit without too much commitment.

Here are some coral suggestions from Overstock.com

Comment

I like the ribbon idea. I would never have thought of that. I'm off to shop this afternoon. Hopefully, I'll find something that will work. I'm glad it's jewelry and accessories...they always fit.
                Angie

Comment

Working...
                X